C5.5 Database Manager
Author Message
 C5.5 Database Manager

I just recently started using 5.5, upgraded to version D.  I have a CW app
running, but whenever I try to browse or convert a Topspeed file I'm getting
Error (513): Internal error 13.

TopScan handles the file just fine ...  Am I doing something wrong or do we
have a problem?

Thanks,
Maury

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:44:56 GMT
 C5.5 Database Manager
If I remember correctly, this error has something to do with
clarions ini file statements. To eliminate that error I did reinstall
clarion.
(This error came by copying clarion from one PC to another :-)

PS. I don't make illegal copys, I just have 4 PC running at my home ;-)

Rgds,
Ville

Quote:

> I just recently started using 5.5, upgraded to version D.  I have a CW app
> running, but whenever I try to browse or convert a Topspeed file I'm getting
> Error (513): Internal error 13.

> TopScan handles the file just fine ...  Am I doing something wrong or do we
> have a problem?

> Thanks,
> Maury

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:44:20 GMT
 C5.5 Database Manager
Hi Maury,

The Error (513): Internal error 13 message is a result of settings in
the C55PE.INI (professional edition) or C55EE.INI (enterprise edition)
files.  Check the "brwcfg" path settings in these files make sure they
point to the correct folder ie:
[paths]
examples=EXAMPLES\
preview=BIN\PREVIEW\
brwcfg=C:\C55\BIN\C55BRW.INI
Another problem sometime occurs due to the size of the C55BRW.INI
file.  This file keeps a history of the settings for each file browsed
in the Dictionary Manager.  Use Notepad to edit the file and clean out
these old entries.
Regards

Steve

Steven Muller M.Soc.Sc.
Information Technology Lecturer
Bay of Plenty Polytechnic
New Zealand

Quote:

> I just recently started using 5.5, upgraded to version D.  I have a CW app
> running, but whenever I try to browse or convert a Topspeed file I'm getting
> Error (513): Internal error 13.

> TopScan handles the file just fine ...  Am I doing something wrong or do we
> have a problem?

> Thanks,
> Maury

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:46:22 GMT
 C5.5 Database Manager
This is a common error.
It is in the SoftVelocity FAQs http://www.softvelocity.com/faq/faq.htm under the
IDE grouping.

        Tim

Quote:

> I just recently started using 5.5, upgraded to version D.  I have a CW app
> running, but whenever I try to browse or convert a Topspeed file I'm getting
> Error (513): Internal error 13.

> TopScan handles the file just fine ...  Am I doing something wrong or do we
> have a problem?

> Thanks,
> Maury

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:44:04 GMT

1. C5 Window Manager

2. C5 Window Manager Question

3. C5.5 TPS database to MS SQL 7

4. C5.5PE : Browse database

5. dBASE & Paradox Database Drivers Available for C5

6. C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?

7. SMALLTALK and PROGRESS Database Manager

8. Database Manager GPF Error

9. Database Manager error

10. Database Manager 513 Error

11. C55 Database Manager Error (513)

12. Database Manager Internal Error 13 - HELP