Dialing via Com Port
Author Message
 Dialing via Com Port

Hi all

I'm at the begin with the Clarion language and need some help.

I should can send several commands via the Com port to my ISDN phone.
The built in Dialer does not work because it looks not configurable.
With the Hyperterminal the commands looks as follows:

1. Set Com Port 9600,8,1, None  Hardwarehandshaking

then Enter :

2. ATPC1                    PC Dial Modus ON

3. ATA                      Phone ready

4. ATD plus phone number    Dial phone number

5. ATH                      Done

6. ATPC0                    PC Dial Modus OFF

I'm sure it is easy to do that in Clarion ( for people with
experience).

Is there a Third Party template ?

Your help is very appreciated.

Greetings from Switzerland

Toni Stadelmann

Using Virtual Access 4.51 build 267 (32-bit)
Win95, NT4

Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialing via Com Port
OOPS, have seen a post about the NOVA template. Looks as they can do
what I want.

Does someone know whether they work with C5EE ?

Greetings

Toni

Using Virtual Access 4.51 build 267 (32-bit)
Win95, NT4

Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialing via Com Port
Hi Tony,

It may be overkill if all you want to do is dial but, if you plan to do
anything else over the serial port you should consider purchasing CLACom
from Gap Development. It works great and is easy to use. Check it out here:
http://www.gapdev.com

Larry Craddock

Quote:
> Hi all

> I'm at the begin with the Clarion language and need some help.

> I should can send several commands via the Com port to my ISDN phone.
> The built in Dialer does not work because it looks not configurable.
> With the Hyperterminal the commands looks as follows:

> 1. Set Com Port 9600,8,1, None  Hardwarehandshaking

> then Enter :

> 2. ATPC1                    PC Dial Modus ON

> 3. ATA                      Phone ready

> 4. ATD plus phone number    Dial phone number

> 5. ATH                      Done

> 6. ATPC0                    PC Dial Modus OFF

> I'm sure it is easy to do that in Clarion ( for people with
> experience).

> Is there a Third Party template ?

> Your help is very appreciated.

> Greetings from Switzerland

> Toni Stadelmann

> Using Virtual Access 4.51 build 267 (32-bit)
> Win95, NT4

Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialing via Com Port
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:00:05 +0200, Anton Stadelmann

Quote:

>I should can send several commands via the Com port to my ISDN phone.
>The built in Dialer does not work because it looks not configurable.

It is configurable. Use Regedit to search for the AT commands.

For distributing your application, look at .INF files (which windows
Setup uses to put the AT commands into the registry) or ship a .REG
file exported by Regedit and import it into your users' registry with
REGEDIT in batch mode.

Best Regards
Graham

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialing via Com Port

Quote:

> OOPS, have seen a post about the NOVA template. Looks as they can do
> what I want.

> Does someone know whether they work with C5EE ?

> Greetings

> Toni

> Using Virtual Access 4.51 build 267 (32-bit)
> Win95, NT4

Yes they do.

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialing via Com Port
Look in this news group. There is many message in last weeks about
communiting with com port.
(form www.Capesoft.com 30$ US  simple function to open port and read and
write) or use CLACom (~300$ with complete function to read/write on com or
transfert file directly with zmodem,...)

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing via COM port <-> WIN98 / WINme

2. Printing via COM 10 port

3. Data acquisition via serial port (COM)

4. CW20 dialing via a PCI modem

5. Printing to LPT port or COM port

6. How to make paraller port be a com port

7. Com port and command with serial port

8. Accessing Outlook via COM

9. Accessing Outlook via COM on remote machine

10. Access serial (via USB) port in RealBasic - example source wanted

11. Receiving data via serial port

12. SmallTalk and MatLab via COM