Starting browse highlighting the last record
Author Message
 Starting browse highlighting the last record

Hi all,

I have a browse showing records in a chronological order, that I want to
highlight the last record when opening the window (in last browse line,
of course).
I embedded POST(EVENT:ScrollBottom, ?Browse) and even PRESSKEY(CtrlPgDn)
after OPEN(Window), but it shows the browse filling a few first records
(which
is undesirable), and then jumping to the end, and filling the records
backward
(that is OK).

How can I force the browse to go to the end before showing itself up?
I've been placing .ScrollEnd(EVENT:ScrollBottom) message here and there
with
or without WindowObject.Reset(true) but with no success (nothing happened).

I can, however, debug the app and study abbrowse.clw, but I have a feeling
that at least some of you, guys, resolved the problem. Please, help!

Goran Lazic

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting browse highlighting the last record
Have one solution using in CW4.0.0. (before a and b version)
just putting following in embed:
Win Manager Methode Executable Code Section
  OPEN
    SOURCE
     Presskey(CtrlPgDn)

and it works fine here, but will receive the cw4 b in few days and
certainly hope it works there also.....

regards

jorgen

Quote:
>Hi all,

>I have a browse showing records in a chronological order, that I want to
>highlight the last record when opening the window (in last browse line,
>of course).
>I embedded POST(EVENT:ScrollBottom, ?Browse) and even PRESSKEY(CtrlPgDn)
>after OPEN(Window), but it shows the browse filling a few first records
>(which
>is undesirable), and then jumping to the end, and filling the records
>backward
>(that is OK).

>How can I force the browse to go to the end before showing itself up?
>I've been placing .ScrollEnd(EVENT:ScrollBottom) message here and there
>with
>or without WindowObject.Reset(true) but with no success (nothing happened).

>I can, however, debug the app and study abbrowse.clw, but I have a feeling
>that at least some of you, guys, resolved the problem. Please, help!

>Goran Lazic

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting browse highlighting the last record
It may sound stupid, but why not set your Key as descending rather than
ascending, so that the last record would show up as the first, and be
automatically highlighted... ?

Team Topspeed

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I have a browse showing records in a chronological order, that I want to
>highlight the last record when opening the window (in last browse line,
>of course).
>I embedded POST(EVENT:ScrollBottom, ?Browse) and even PRESSKEY(CtrlPgDn)
>after OPEN(Window), but it shows the browse filling a few first records
>(which
>is undesirable), and then jumping to the end, and filling the records
>backward
>(that is OK).

>How can I force the browse to go to the end before showing itself up?
>I've been placing .ScrollEnd(EVENT:ScrollBottom) message here and there
>with
>or without WindowObject.Reset(true) but with no success (nothing happened).

>I can, however, debug the app and study abbrowse.clw, but I have a feeling
>that at least some of you, guys, resolved the problem. Please, help!

>Goran Lazic

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting browse highlighting the last record
[..]

Quote:
> It may sound stupid, but why not set your Key as descending rather than
> ascending, so that the last record would show up as the first, and be
> automatically highlighted... ?

[...]

That's because this is chronological list of records (i.e. sorted
on a date field), so the natural order is from top to bottom as
dates rise. I just wanted to add some 'user friendliness', because
you often want to see some of the last records.

Regards.
Goran

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how can I make the browse automatically seleect the last record in a browse

2. C4b ABC - Find and highlight a certain record in a child browse

3. Moving a browse highlight bar to a record

4. Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse

5. Grabbing Highlighted Record from Browse

6. Highlight first record on the browse

7. Set highlighted record to top of browse box after locate

8. Opening a browse and starting on the last page

9. Open browse on Last Record

10. start a browse at a certain record

11. print last field in a record, 2nd last.

12. How To restrict child browse to selected parent browse record