acces to *.dat files from non-clarion applications
Author Message
 acces to *.dat files from non-clarion applications

Hallo!

I asked some days earlier for a JDBC or ODBC driver for a clarion database
DAT file but I didn't get an answer.

Is there any method (libraries)  to extract data from DAT files outside
from CLARION?  (not a DAT -> DBF or TXT converters)

Sergiusz

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:20:18 GMT
 acces to *.dat files from non-clarion applications
There are NO ODBC drivers for the .DAT format.

Is this a one time conversion, or ongoing data being created by a .DAT
based Clarion program?

David

says...

Quote:

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

Profile Exchanges - Home Theater, Search Engines, Clarion Third Party
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:40:12 GMT
 acces to *.dat files from non-clarion applications
There is a converter to ascii.  I do not remember the name of the exe.

chk  clarion 2.1 for DOS on  at http://www.SoftVelocity.comLibs

Quote:
> There are NO ODBC drivers for the .DAT format.

> Is this a one time conversion, or ongoing data being created by a .DAT
> based Clarion program?

> David

> says...
> > Hallo!

> > I asked some days earlier for a JDBC or ODBC driver for a clarion
database
> > DAT file but I didn't get an answer.

> > Is there any method (libraries)  to extract data from DAT files outside
> > from CLARION?  (not a DAT -> DBF or TXT converters)

> > Sergiusz

> --
> From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

> Profile Exchanges - Home Theater, Search Engines, Clarion Third Party
> http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:47:20 GMT
 acces to *.dat files from non-clarion applications
David:
I guess the name  was ccvt.exe
or search for converter files in clarion 2105 libs.

Sorry the link was wrong, try
  clarion 2.1 for DOS on   http://www.SoftVelocity.com

Quote:
> There are NO ODBC drivers for the .DAT format.

> Is this a one time conversion, or ongoing data being created by a .DAT
> based Clarion program?

> David

> says...
> > Hallo!

> > I asked some days earlier for a JDBC or ODBC driver for a clarion
database
> > DAT file but I didn't get an answer.

> > Is there any method (libraries)  to extract data from DAT files outside
> > from CLARION?  (not a DAT -> DBF or TXT converters)

> > Sergiusz

> --
> From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

> Profile Exchanges - Home Theater, Search Engines, Clarion Third Party
> http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:52:50 GMT
 acces to *.dat files from non-clarion applications

Quote:
> There are NO ODBC drivers for the .DAT format.

> Is this a one time conversion, or ongoing data being created by a .DAT
> based Clarion program?

This is the "periodic-one-time-conversation". The period is sometimes 1
mounth and sometimes 1 day.

I know the ccvt.exe converter (CLARION -> ASCII) and I use it.

I need a direct acces to the DAT files to convert it to XML. I want to
convert to XML different formats (DBF, Sybase, MS SQL) so the best choice
would be a java + JDBC. So, if there is no such possibility with the DAT
files, I will still use CLARION->ASCII, and then ASCII->XML.

Sergiusz

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:51:03 GMT

1. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

2. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

3. Exporting Clarion DAT file to ASCII(Text)File

4. 'Bug' in a Clarion *.DAT File

5. conversion utility to convert DOS clarion .dat file to .dbf

6. Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII

7. Reading Clarion Dat File ( Btrieve ) through ODBC

8. Conversion of clarion *.dat to *.csv files

9. Format of Clarion DAT files

10. clarion dat file conversion to Access

11. Clarion DAT file format

12. Getting field name from Clarion DAT file