Losing data on data structure change
Author Message
 Losing data on data structure change

[Clarion 4b - Clarion database]

I'm routinely changing data structures on a project, and have not
found any real problems. However, one table seems to lose the data in
about 4 of the fields evrey time I change the structure.

Another loses data in 2 of the fields, it always seems to be the same
two.

Sun, 02 May 2004 11:50:17 GMT
 Losing data on data structure change
Do you use the 'convert'- button or do write a convert program?
If not yet done, try with a convert- program. If you do not know how,
look in the help for convert (or dataconvert or simlilar).

If you have written a program and no joy, look in the routine
AssignData- routine. Is this routine complete and correct?

HTH

Ralf

Quote:
> [Clarion 4b - Clarion database]

> I'm routinely changing data structures on a project, and have not
> found any real problems. However, one table seems to lose the data in
> about 4 of the fields evrey time I change the structure.

> Another loses data in 2 of the fields, it always seems to be the same
> two.

Tue, 04 May 2004 01:19:14 GMT
 Losing data on data structure change
I know at some point in the past - a few years ago, it seemed I had to
use convert programs. But for the past while, I'v just been changing
the structure and not losing anything. However the current project
seems to be giving me a lot of grief.

This is point and shoot design. I'm designing as a go, and have been
changing the structures several times a day. Just seems in the last
few days, some fields are getting lost when I restructure. It's always
the same fields, but there seems to no pattern to it.

If I have to mess around with convert it's going to slow me down a
lot.

Quote:
>Do you use the 'convert'- button or do write a convert program?
>If not yet done, try with a convert- program. If you do not know how,
>look in the help for convert (or dataconvert or simlilar).

>If you have written a program and no joy, look in the routine
>AssignData- routine. Is this routine complete and correct?

>HTH

>Ralf

>> [Clarion 4b - Clarion database]

>> I'm routinely changing data structures on a project, and have not
>> found any real problems. However, one table seems to lose the data in
>> about 4 of the fields evrey time I change the structure.

>> Another loses data in 2 of the fields, it always seems to be the same
>> two.

Tue, 04 May 2004 01:30:33 GMT

1. Event case loses connection to data structure when data structure is modified

2. GOBO data structure library vs other data structure libraries

3. data structures versus data bases???

4. Message command losing data.

5. How to Recover from a lost connection to data

6. HELP - AutoInc Reusing IDs/Losing data

7. Losing data on win 2000

8. Lost data in fields after file conversion

9. C4 Losing data on update to a child from parent

10. Losing data on insert

11. Total Lost of data in TPS file

12. How to Convert TPS Files without losing data?