Need Help Linking Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition to my application
Author Message
 Need Help Linking Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition to my application

Did you add the lib(s) to your program as an external module (click
application, insert module, type external...) And/or to the project? It
might be one or the other or both.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Help Linking Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition to my application

Quote:

>1) Therefore I placed the following codes in the main file:-

>     MODULE('Csaudl32.lib')
>         PlayAudioFile(STRING),BYTE
>     END

Alvin,

The prototype is incorrect. Catalyst documents it in C as

BOOL PlayAudioFile(

LPCTSTR lpszAudioFile   // pointer to the audio file name
);

In CW, LPCTSTR would be a pointer to a cstring. BOOL should be a signed, I
believe.

Quote:
>    Unresolved External PLAYAUDIOFILE

If you are building a multi-dll project, csaudl32.lib must be visible where
you call into it. IOW, it must be included in the app calling
PlayAudioFile(). Beyond that, if the lib is visible to the linker, I would
verify the lib file itself (make sure PlayAudioFile is exported).

Regards,

Mark
----------------------------

Coming soon: Psychic WiziPoofs! Get 'em now, before they're done.

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Help Linking Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition to my application
Quote:

> MODULE('Csaudl32.lib')
>          PlayAudioFile(STRING),BYTE
>      END

I'm not familiar with this particular library but unless it was written
only for use with CW this will not work.  You are telling CW to call a

read about name mangling. Look for the correct name in libmaker and put
that in the name attribute. Also you are asking that the function be
called using the CW register based calling convention instead of either
the C or Pascal calling convention.  You must look at your docs for
this lib/dll and find out if it uses the pascal or c calling
convention. Pascal is most common. Lastly the String Data type is
unique to CW it is never correct in a prototye for an external dll. So
I would look up these things: function name, calling convention,
correct parameter type.  Just GUESSING using the MOST COMMON=NOT
NECESSARILY CORRECT options the correct prototype COULD BE:

     MODULE('Csaudl32.lib')
        PlayAudioFile(*CSTRING),PASCAL,RAW,PROC|
         ,BYTE,NAME('PlayAudioFile')
     END

Lastly byte is a very uncommon return type for api calls.  You may want
to post the exact prototype from the h file.
In your call you will probably have to change to:
cFileName cstring('.....wav')
channel = playaudiofile(cFileName)

Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Help Linking Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition to my application
Quote:

> MODULE('Csaudl32.lib')
>         PlayAudioFile(*CSTRING),PASCAL,RAW,PROC|
>          ,BYTE,NAME('PlayAudioFile')
>      END

based on Mark's posting that should be:
     MODULE('Csaudl32.lib')
         PlayAudioFile(*CSTRING),PASCAL,RAW,PROC|
          ,Bool,NAME('PlayAudioFile')
     END
Mark is correct in saying that bool is the same as signed which in 32
bit is the same as long.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Help Linking Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition to my application
Hi,

I have downloaded the Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition.

I want to use the PlayAudioFile Function.

1) Therefore I placed the following codes in the main file:-

     MODULE('Csaudl32.lib')
         PlayAudioFile(STRING),BYTE
     END

Somewhere in other part of my program, I have coded:-

    Channel = PlayAudioFile('c:\Audio\PlayAudio.wav')

2) I Use  LibMaker to open 'Csaudl32.dll' & save a copy of  'Csaudl32.lib'

3) I then Include 'Csaudl32.lib in my project file, under the Library,
Object & Resources Section.

Compilation is goes without errors, but during the linking part, I received
the following error:-

    Unresolved External PLAYAUDIOFILE

I believed I did not do something correctly. Please help me.

Regards,
Alvin

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Help Linking Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition to my application
There is a file on the Catalyst site that contains the CW prototype
conversions for the entire Catalyst library.

If you can't find it, give me a holler.

Steve B.
[Team Topspeed]

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have downloaded the Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition.

> I want to use the PlayAudioFile Function.

> 1) Therefore I placed the following codes in the main file:-

>      MODULE('Csaudl32.lib')
>          PlayAudioFile(STRING),BYTE
>      END

> Somewhere in other part of my program, I have coded:-

>     Channel = PlayAudioFile('c:\Audio\PlayAudio.wav')

> 2) I Use  LibMaker to open 'Csaudl32.dll' & save a copy of  'Csaudl32.lib'

> 3) I then Include 'Csaudl32.lib in my project file, under the Library,
> Object & Resources Section.

> Compilation is goes without errors, but during the linking part, I
received
> the following error:-

>     Unresolved External PLAYAUDIOFILE

> I believed I did not do something correctly. Please help me.

> Regards,
> Alvin

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. External link errors when using external Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 dll

2. Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition CW Examples Web Site

3. Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition SMTP Example for C5 (ABC)

4. Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition FTP Example for C5 (ABC)

5. Catalyst to ship CW prototypes with SocketTools Library - A call for CW prototypes

6. Help with Catalyst SocketTools and CW2.0

7. SocketTools Library Edition Sockets Example for C5a (ABC)

8. SocketTools Library Edition C5 LIBs Available

9. SocketTools Library Edition SMTP Example for C5a (ABC) Updated

10. Free SocketTools Library Edition CW Prototypes Updated

11. sending mail with catalyst socket tools library edition

12. Need help with Catalyst Library Ed License Initializer