Headers & Detail
Author Message
 Headers & Detail

Greetings,

I'm a new Clarion user.

I've been thru the tutorial 4 times, and have a good grasp of it, I think.
The tutorial I've built runs just fine.

I've been building my own application, similar to the Order Entry system
in the tutorial.  My problem is in the program I've built that's similar
to the Update Order Form in p. 163 of the tutorial.

My problem:  In the equivalent of my Update Order Form, the user fills
out the 'Header' info.  If the user immediately goes to the Detail, the
Detail is processed, but the Header ends up blank.  If the Header is
filled out and the OK button is pressed, the Header data is saved, but
the Form terminates and returns to the calling Browse program.

What do I need to do to the Form program so that it will accept the Header
data, accept the Detail data, and save both?

Sun, 09 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Headers & Detail

Peter
    Check your file schematic in the form procedures.  It sounds as if
you may have the header file declared twice or something is causing the
detail to cause another instance of the header file.
good luck....
-fred

Quote:

> Greetings,

> I'm a new Clarion user.

> I've been thru the tutorial 4 times, and have a good grasp of it, I
> think.
> The tutorial I've built runs just fine.

> I've been building my own application, similar to the Order Entry
> system
> in the tutorial.  My problem is in the program I've built that's
> similar
> to the Update Order Form in p. 163 of the tutorial.

> My problem:  In the equivalent of my Update Order Form, the user fills

> out the 'Header' info.  If the user immediately goes to the Detail,
> the
> Detail is processed, but the Header ends up blank.  If the Header is
> filled out and the OK button is pressed, the Header data is saved, but

> the Form terminates and returns to the calling Browse program.

> What do I need to do to the Form program so that it will accept the
> Header
> data, accept the Detail data, and save both?

Sun, 09 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Headers & Detail

Thanks to all respondents.

I think that I simply botched the initial program integrity
by moving too many items around a screen, onto tabs, and off,
etc.  By starting over from scratch, I've been able to solve
the problem.

Thu, 13 Apr 2000 02:00:00 GMT
 Headers & Detail

Glad you got it Peter.
It's easy to mess one up that way.
-fred

Quote:

> Thanks to all respondents.

> I think that I simply botched the initial program integrity
> by moving too many items around a screen, onto tabs, and off,
> etc.  By starting over from scratch, I've been able to solve
> the problem.

Fri, 14 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records

2. conditional Group Header and/or detail

3. Reports: Detail Header on each page

4. header/detail lines in CW report

5. Header on Form, Browse Detail

6. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

7. Print Header without detail

8. CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

9. Header,Footer and Detail Runtime Position

10. Q: Editing For Header-Detail Files

11. Detail or not to Detail

12. CGI & modules (more details)