Filter performance Win 98 v Win 95
Author Message
 Filter performance Win 98 v Win 95

Hi,

Using C5B and ABC templates:

I have noticed a dramatic difference under Win95/Win98 OS with an
application which uses filters for it's browse procedures, I was somewhat
surprised to see a dramatic decline in performance under Windows 98
compared with running same app under Win 95

To my surprise I tested the same app on two different machines:

1. Windows 95, Dell 200Mhz and 32 Mb Ram - for displaying a browse-list
filtering some 500 records, the result was more or less instant.

2. Windows 98, Gateway P7-600Mhz and 128 Mb Ram - the same list took five
seconds to display.

Doesn't make sense ? Any ideas what may be wrong...

PS. The filter is in the browse-procedure, and plain and simple as.
Fil:Field = 'Yes'

Cheers,

Marius

Marius Jensen
Esperance
Western Australia

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion 2.1 and Printing on Win 95 / 98

2. 95, 98 & Win NT

3. 95, 98 & Win NT

4. WIN 95/98 C Func Prototype

5. SETCURSOR() function in Win 95/98

6. Win 95/98 illegal operation errors

7. COM problem under Win 95/98

8. REGUTIL for WIN 95/98

9. Scheme interpretor for Win 95/98

10. Where can I get info on ASM programming for Win 16/95/98/NT

11. Win 95/98/NT API

12. Expect on Win 95/98 -- Spawn Issue