Displaying Images in a Browse
Author Message
 Displaying Images in a Browse

I've never tried this with a blob - just external gif/jpg files.
That said
1) I  use the REFRESH window Routine, befopre display() embed
2) the notation for ujsing an external file is
    ?Image1{Prop:Text}=FileNameVariable
3) you hae to make certain that the FileNameVariable is a hot field or somehow
refreshed as you shift between records in the browse.
        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Displaying Images in a Browse
Be careful as this will really slow things down
regards

Quote:
> I've never tried this with a blob - just external gif/jpg files.
> That said
> 1) I  use the REFRESH window Routine, befopre display() embed
> 2) the notation for ujsing an external file is
>     ?Image1{Prop:Text}=FileNameVariable
> 3) you hae to make certain that the FileNameVariable is a hot field or
somehow
> refreshed as you shift between records in the browse.
>         Tim

> > Hi. Could someone please help me with this.

> > I have finally been able to copy the embeds in the C4 'School' example.
Now
> > that I can store and retrieve the image from the blob file, I would like
> > display each image as I scroll down a list box.

> > I thought that by using

> > ?Image1{PROP:ImageBlob} = PHO:Photograph{PROP:Handle}

> > in the CONTROL HANDLING embed point of the List Box that it I would pick
up
> > the contents of the
> > Photograph Blob and then display in the Image control.

> > This doesn't work. Could someone please put me in the right direction.

> > Many Thanks

> > Ian

> --
> Tim Phillips
> Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
> Department of Environmental Conservation

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Displaying Images in a Browse
What is easy enough to do is put a check-box on the window that controls if the
image is displayed or not.  If it is unchecked, then the browse has its normal
speed and you can find the image you want via the verbal descriptions.
to make this work, you just put an IF statement around the ?Image{Prop:Text} and
check to see if the box is checked off.
        Tim

Quote:
> Be careful as this will really slow things down
> regards

> > I've never tried this with a blob - just external gif/jpg files.
> > That said
> > 1) I  use the REFRESH window Routine, befopre display() embed
> > 2) the notation for ujsing an external file is
> >     ?Image1{Prop:Text}=FileNameVariable
> > 3) you hae to make certain that the FileNameVariable is a hot field or
> somehow
> > refreshed as you shift between records in the browse.
> >         Tim

> > > Hi. Could someone please help me with this.

> > > I have finally been able to copy the embeds in the C4 'School' example.
> Now
> > > that I can store and retrieve the image from the blob file, I would like
> > > display each image as I scroll down a list box.

> > > I thought that by using

> > > ?Image1{PROP:ImageBlob} = PHO:Photograph{PROP:Handle}

> > > in the CONTROL HANDLING embed point of the List Box that it I would pick
> up
> > > the contents of the
> > > Photograph Blob and then display in the Image control.

> > > This doesn't work. Could someone please put me in the right direction.

> > > Many Thanks

> > > Ian

> > --
> > Tim Phillips
> > Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
> > Department of Environmental Conservation

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
Department of Environmental Conservation

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Displaying images stored in Blob in a browse window

2. Display a browsing image

3. Displaying Thumbnail Images in a browse

4. icons displayed in browses not displaying

5. Need help with LeadTools API and displaying image in image control

6. displaying an Image using PIL w/o Image.show

7. Colormap problems (Image display, Image fromUser)

8. Image Display program for nuclear medicine images.

9. Displaying MSSQL table layouts in Browse

10. Hot fields slow to display on second browse

11. display a picture when select a record in a browse