Page number of Total pages problem
Author Message
 Page number of Total pages problem

Hi all

Just added the Page number of Total pages feature in Tintools

An occasional page is listed as  Page XXXXX of XXXXX  instead of the
numbers

Example :   in a 99 page report only page  2 and 29 are like this  ,
all the other pages are normal ?????

Does anybody have a idea of whats causing this

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:43:27 GMT
 Page number of Total pages problem
You have to add the Print Preview of Tintools also.

Cheers.

Lic. Francisco Miranda Campillo
Gerente de Capacitacin y Soporte
Tel. 122-19-47 Ext. 121
Gopac Soluciones Integrales S.A. de C.V.
www.gopac.com.mx

> Hi all

> Just added the Page number of Total pages feature in Tintools

> An occasional page is listed as  Page XXXXX of XXXXX  instead of the
> numbers

> Example :   in a 99 page report only page  2 and 29 are like this  ,
> all the other pages are normal ?????

> Does anybody have a idea of whats causing this

>    Warm regards

>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:09:54 GMT
 Page number of Total pages problem
Yes that is in order , i noticed if i change the approx record count
in report properties  the problem seems to shift to   different pages
???

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:09:54 -0500, "Francisco Miranda"

Quote:

>You have to add the Print Preview of Tintools also.

>Cheers.

>--
>Lic. Francisco Miranda Campillo
>Gerente de Capacitacin y Soporte
>Tel. 122-19-47 Ext. 121
>Gopac Soluciones Integrales S.A. de C.V.
>www.gopac.com.mx

>> Hi all

>> Just added the Page number of Total pages feature in Tintools

>> An occasional page is listed as  Page XXXXX of XXXXX  instead of the
>> numbers

>> Example :   in a 99 page report only page  2 and 29 are like this  ,
>> all the other pages are normal ?????

>> Does anybody have a idea of whats causing this

>>    Warm regards

>>      Elli

>> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:18:03 GMT
 Page number of Total pages problem

Quote:

>Yes that is in order , i noticed if i change the approx record count
>in report properties  the problem seems to shift to   different pages
>???

I vaguely understand how this template works. Apparently it puts Page
xxxxxx of xxxxxx in your reports as they print, and then once they are
all in the print queue, it runs through the queue and does a search
and replace on each metafile in the temp directory that is listed in
the print queue. The wmf's are just text after all. What it sounds
like is happening is  the Page xxxxxx of xxxxxx  gets morphed into
something else, like with an unprintable character on one end or the
other? You might want to get your print preview queue loaded and then
go hunting in the windows temp directory and see if you can find the
offending pages and inspect them with a plain text editor.

I'd much rather hunt for a good ale though. So I guess I'll get
started...

Best Regards
Richard

The AppInit Template Set

www.powertech.no/~sylkie

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:15:53 GMT
 Page number of Total pages problem
Well i just did it the long way , run the report once , cancel the
report just before preview and count the CL*.tmp images in the temp
directory and then run the report again using the imagecount as the
total

        WORKS  but slow

Quote:
>I vaguely understand how this template works. Apparently it puts Page
>xxxxxx of xxxxxx in your reports as they print, and then once they are
>all in the print queue, it runs through the queue and does a search
>and replace on each metafile in the temp directory that is listed in
>the print queue. The wmf's are just text after all. What it sounds
>like is happening is  the Page xxxxxx of xxxxxx  gets morphed into
>something else, like with an unprintable character on one end or the
>other? You might want to get your print preview queue loaded and then
>go hunting in the windows temp directory and see if you can find the
>offending pages and inspect them with a plain text editor.

>I'd much rather hunt for a good ale though. So I guess I'll get
>started...

>Best Regards
>Richard

>The AppInit Template Set

>www.powertech.no/~sylkie

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 06:30:11 GMT
 Page number of Total pages problem

Quote:

>Well i just did it the long way , run the report once , cancel the
>report just before preview and count the CL*.tmp images in the temp
>directory and then run the report again using the imagecount as the
>total

>    WORKS  but slow

Ouch.

Best Regards
Richard

The AppInit Template Set

www.powertech.no/~sylkie

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:50:30 GMT
 Page number of Total pages problem
I agree but these are printouts of aircraft Components and maintenance
records which we need to present to various clients , and it just has
to look RIGHT

Quote:

>Ouch.

>Best Regards
>Richard

>The AppInit Template Set

>www.powertech.no/~sylkie

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:42:08 GMT
 Page number of Total pages problem

Quote:

>I agree but these are printouts of aircraft Components and maintenance
>records which we need to present to various clients , and it just has
>to look RIGHT

I understand the need for accuracy in aircraft component tracking.
Some of my oldest friends are pilots. It's just painful what we
sometimes are forced to do to achieve simple things.

I'm still curious as to how your original problem occurred. That
technique SHOULD be nearly foolproof.

Best Regards
Richard

The AppInit Template Set

www.powertech.no/~sylkie

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:13:57 GMT
 Page number of Total pages problem
Yes i agree weird stuff  -   i wieved the WMF's in the temp directory
and found the string "page of page" and the normal ones were normal
and then there were the erroneous ones have no idea how it occured ,
but can not "tinker it right".

 I guess i will have to define that as a mystery in my memoirs  :-)

Quote:
>I'm still curious as to how your original problem occurred. That
>technique SHOULD be nearly foolproof.

>Best Regards
>Richard

>The AppInit Template Set

>www.powertech.no/~sylkie

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:17:14 GMT

1. Page number of TOTAL pages

2. Report: Total pages on first page?

3. Total Number of Pages - Urgent

4. Total Number of Pages - Urgent!

5. TclX.n man pages (and pages and pages....)

6. Total page count on each page(like 'page 1 of 5')???

7. PAGE NUMBER PROBLEM !!!!!

8. Problem setting page number in reports

9. How to print the Total of pages to Print

10. Suppress Detail (Grand Total Page Only)

11. Invoice total on last page of invoice only

12. Total Pages in Report