RTF question ?
Author Message
 RTF question ?

hi girls and boys

does anyone know how to get the current text character position when editing
using the RTF control in c55.

I would like to get the character position and then copy and paste at that
position.

thanks steve

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:49:45 GMT
 RTF question ?
send a em_getSel message to get get the range of currently selected text to
any entry of rtf control to get the cursor poistion.  See MSDN for em_getsel
for details
Jim kane

Quote:
> hi girls and boys

> does anyone know how to get the current text character position when
editing
> using the RTF control in c55.

> I would like to get the character position and then copy and paste at that
> position.

> thanks steve

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:04:47 GMT
 RTF question ?

Quote:
> hi girls and boys

> does anyone know how to get the current text character position when
editing
> using the RTF control in c55.

> I would like to get the character position and then copy and paste at that
> position.

Jim is correct about em_getSel.  He is also correct that you can download
the spec from MSDN.  However, there's a simpler way to get it.  Send me an
e-mail, and if you ask real nicely, I'll send you a zip file suitable for
framing.<g>  Seriously, I went through all this several months ago and
created a zip file with the complete spec information as well as all the API
stuff like you'll need here.  Several Clarion developers have already gotten
their copy.  Just one small way I can give back to the Clarion community.

Rick Smith

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:51:49 GMT
 RTF question ?
Is there a way to print on a report in this zip file?

Quote:

--
Chris Moore

O'Neil Data Systems, Inc.
(214) 561-8704
(214) 561-8706 (fax)

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:47:35 GMT
 RTF question ?
thank you jim !

Quote:
> send a em_getSel message to get get the range of currently selected text
> any entry of rtf control to get the cursor poistion.  See MSDN for
em_getsel
> for details
> Jim kane

> > hi girls and boys

> > does anyone know how to get the current text character position when
> editing
> > using the RTF control in c55.

> > I would like to get the character position and then copy and paste at
that
> > position.

> > thanks steve

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:25:21 GMT
 RTF question ?

Quote:
> Is there a way to print on a report in this zip file?

I should clarify for the group what this zip file will and will not do for
you.  This zip file contains the "raw" RTF information as it came directly
from Microsoft.

If you are looking for the MS specific documentation on the RTF spec and the
APIs, this zip file will give you *exactly* what you are looking for.  I
downloaded the information from the MSDN web site several months ago when I
was researching how to get around some of the Clarion RTF shortcomings.  I
installed this information on my hard drive in a folder structure.  That is
how the zip file is structured.

However, there are no examples or support of any type included in this zip
file.  By divining what the APIs are doing you could figure out how to
implement various features that Clarion does not support.  You probably will
not be able to implement printing an RTF control on a Clarion report
formatter style report.

If you want to support page breaks, bolding, etc. in Clarion RTF, send me an
e-mail and I can give you an example of how I did it.  When I get the time I
will probably update the zip file to show examples like that.

Rick Smith

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:20:55 GMT

1. RTF Question

2. A couple of RTF questions

3. RTF: Question for SoftVelocity

4. RTF File Writer ( Was : RTF )

5. Ian's RTF Print goodie, pagination question...

6. Need Objects that Parse RTF files!!!

7. Transcript + RTF = bug ??

8. RTF for Multi Line Edit Part

9. RTF in VisualWorks