String to Numeric
Author Message
 String to Numeric

I have never heard of a number starting with 0.

George.

Quote:

> I am converting a string to Numeric and for some reason when I enter a 0
> zero as the first character
> it drops it off and If I enter any other number it works fine attached is an
> example of what I am doing
> Any Help would be appreciated.

> Thanks Mike Songer

>                  Name: REGNUM.APP
>    REGNUM.APP    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>              Encoding: x-uuencode

>                  Name: REGNUM.CLA
>    REGNUM.CLA    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>              Encoding: x-uuencode

>                   Name: MAILRUN.DCT
>    MAILRUN.DCT    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>               Encoding: x-uuencode

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:10:21 GMT
 String to Numeric
    Its A Postal Register Number it Starts wit 'RR' Then '014796010' then
ends With 'US' So what I have is RR014796010US From this I need the 01476010
when I try to get it the zero gets Dropped
all I need to do is get that string without dropping the leading zero

Mike

Quote:
> I have never heard of a number starting with 0.

> George.

> > I am converting a string to Numeric and for some reason when I enter a 0
> > zero as the first character
> > it drops it off and If I enter any other number it works fine attached
is an
> > example of what I am doing
> > Any Help would be appreciated.

> > Thanks Mike Songer

> >                  Name: REGNUM.APP
> >    REGNUM.APP    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> >              Encoding: x-uuencode

> >                  Name: REGNUM.CLA
> >    REGNUM.CLA    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> >              Encoding: x-uuencode

> >                   Name: MAILRUN.DCT
> >    MAILRUN.DCT    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> >               Encoding: x-uuencode

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:00:11 GMT
 String to Numeric

Quote:

>    Its A Postal Register Number it Starts wit 'RR' Then '014796010' then
>ends With 'US' So what I have is RR014796010US From this I need the 01476010
>when I try to get it the zero gets Dropped
>all I need to do is get that string without dropping the leading zero

If you want to store it as a numeric, there is no leading zero
(numerics don't have leading zeros).

When you display the number, then you can format the output with as
many leading zeros as you wish.

If you wish to store the number with leading zeros, then use STRING.

-- Dean -- from (almost) Duh Moines  (CDP, KB0ZDF)

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:31:59 GMT
 String to Numeric
Hi Mike

always get the full 9 digits including any zeros. If you want to rebuild the

Regards

Sed Mayne

Quote:
>     Its A Postal Register Number it Starts wit 'RR' Then '014796010' then
> ends With 'US' So what I have is RR014796010US From this I need the
01476010
> when I try to get it the zero gets Dropped
> all I need to do is get that string without dropping the leading zero

> Mike

> > I have never heard of a number starting with 0.

> > George.

> > > I am converting a string to Numeric and for some reason when I enter a
0
> > > zero as the first character
> > > it drops it off and If I enter any other number it works fine attached
> is an
> > > example of what I am doing
> > > Any Help would be appreciated.

> > > Thanks Mike Songer

> > >                  Name: REGNUM.APP
> > >    REGNUM.APP    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> > >              Encoding: x-uuencode

> > >                  Name: REGNUM.CLA
> > >    REGNUM.CLA    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> > >              Encoding: x-uuencode

> > >                   Name: MAILRUN.DCT
> > >    MAILRUN.DCT    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> > >               Encoding: x-uuencode

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:31:37 GMT
 String to Numeric
Warning, this is newbie advice,  so I may not be seeing the problem, but
have are you using a 'n09' picture to force leading zeroes?

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:22:56 GMT

1. Test contents of string for numeric characters

2. string to numeric

3. string->numeric conversion algorithm

4. convert character string to numeric value

5. String or numeric in Entry field ?

6. format converting string to numeric

7. How can you determine if a character in a string is numeric or alphabetic?

8. (numeric != string) and associated issue

9. Converting hex string values to numeric

10. Number to numeric string convertion

11. Is this how to format numeric strings?

12. Picture Tokens - Numeric to String Format