Help to print ASCII buffer to network printer
Author Message
 Help to print ASCII buffer to network printer

Good evening. :)

Can you help me to print CSTRING variable on a printer and also on a
net-printer? But I have to print it in text mode.
I don't now how.

(I have CW2.0.)

Thanks to all.
Stas.

PS. Please! Double your message by E-mail.
Thanks.

Thu, 07 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help to print ASCII buffer to network printer
Don't know if this helps, but I had to print to
a barcode printer that does not have a Windows
driver.  The printer normally works on a serial port
but on a Network it is captured as a printer port (LPT?)

I send the ASCII stream into a temporary file
and then copy the file to the captured LPT port
using a batch file (LPTPRN.BAT).

In Clarion I use the RUN function to call it.

LsFileName = 'FILE.TXT'  ! name of the temp file
LsPort = 'LPT1'  ! or LPT2 etc
RUN('LPTPRN.BAT ' & clip(LsFileName) & ' ' & clip(LsPort))

LPTPRN.BAT:

echo Copying file to %2
copy %1 %2
if exist %1 del %1

I know it's a bit clumbsy, but it works.

=============================
Greg Aitkin
Software Development
Filing Efficiency Pty Ltd
AUSTRALIA

=============================

Quote:
>Good evening. :)

>Can you help me to print CSTRING variable on a printer and also on a
>net-printer? But I have to print it in text mode.
>I don't now how.

>(I have CW2.0.)

>Thanks to all.
>Stas.

>PS. Please! Double your message by E-mail.
>Thanks.

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Indication of end of print job (print flush) for PathWorks network printers

2. Chk printer status in MS-Network (Network printer)

3. Filter for printing Metcalf's slides on an ASCII printer

4. Network Printer logjams when printing multiple jobs.

5. Problem Printing To Network Dot Matrix Printer

6. Printing to a network printer...

7. Printing Esc codes to network printer

8. Clarion 1.5 application print to Win95 network printer ??

9. Printing to a particular printer on Win'98 peer-to-peer Networks

10. printing on NT network printer

11. print on network printer with clipper

12. Slow printing on network printer