Why, Why Why????
Author Message
 Why, Why Why????

I have a registration screen populated with all Global Data.  The file that
it calls is
an empty memory no key.  When you start the registration screen you enter
the informartion that is set up in Global (Name, Address, City, State, etc.)
Then
hit the print button and it print a pre-made report with all the information
in it.

This has worked fine in c4a.  It even works on an application that I bring
up in C5pe
and generate it.  But for some reason it does not want to print on my new
app.  I even
imported the Forms, Report from a previous old app.  (That I launch and
works I just
get the entered Global Data)  Why does not work in C5?  I'm not using any of
the
ABC templates just the standard Clarion ones and still no go.  Am I missing
something
with this C5.  I'm about to kick my flat screen in fustration.

All I want to be able to print is Global fields on a report.

Thanks

Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:51:13 GMT
 Why, Why Why????
Again I answered my question.

Well after writing this post.  I went back and figured it out.  The trick is
creating the memory.tps and just adding one record to it.  I went back and
and made the browse and update using the Procedure Wizard and then
"disconnect it" from the application.  After generating the App I
was able to print one record which was what I originally wanted to do.
Then by adding the
If Not PrinterDialog ('Choose Printer')
    Return
  End
In the Report
(Before Opening Report Embed)  I can even select multiple copies.

Pro's - Print One Record
Cons - The memory.tps must be included with the APP.  (But I could live with
this)

Hope this can help somebody else.

Angel (Did not break my Flat Panel Display) Ramos.

Quote:
> I have a registration screen populated with all Global Data.  The file
that
> it calls is
> an empty memory no key.  When you start the registration screen you enter
> the informartion that is set up in Global (Name, Address, City, State,
etc.)
> Then
> hit the print button and it print a pre-made report with all the
information
> in it.

> This has worked fine in c4a.  It even works on an application that I bring
> up in C5pe
> and generate it.  But for some reason it does not want to print on my new
> app.  I even
> imported the Forms, Report from a previous old app.  (That I launch and
> works I just
> get the entered Global Data)  Why does not work in C5?  I'm not using any
of
> the
> ABC templates just the standard Clarion ones and still no go.  Am I
missing
> something
> with this C5.  I'm about to kick my flat screen in fustration.

> All I want to be able to print is Global fields on a report.

> Thanks

Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:22:27 GMT
 Why, Why Why????
Threading issues?

Quote:
> I have a registration screen populated with all Global Data.  The file
that
> it calls is
> an empty memory no key.  When you start the registration screen you enter
> the informartion that is set up in Global (Name, Address, City, State,
etc.)
> Then
> hit the print button and it print a pre-made report with all the
information
> in it.

> This has worked fine in c4a.  It even works on an application that I bring
> up in C5pe
> and generate it.  But for some reason it does not want to print on my new
> app.  I even
> imported the Forms, Report from a previous old app.  (That I launch and
> works I just
> get the entered Global Data)  Why does not work in C5?  I'm not using any
of
> the
> ABC templates just the standard Clarion ones and still no go.  Am I
missing
> something
> with this C5.  I'm about to kick my flat screen in fustration.

> All I want to be able to print is Global fields on a report.

> Thanks

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 03:44:48 GMT
 Why, Why Why????
No,  just wanted to print one record from global fields.  Finally figured it
out.

Quote:
> Threading issues?

> > I have a registration screen populated with all Global Data.  The file
> that
> > it calls is
> > an empty memory no key.  When you start the registration screen you
enter
> > the informartion that is set up in Global (Name, Address, City, State,
> etc.)
> > Then
> > hit the print button and it print a pre-made report with all the
> information
> > in it.

> > This has worked fine in c4a.  It even works on an application that I
bring
> > up in C5pe
> > and generate it.  But for some reason it does not want to print on my
new
> > app.  I even
> > imported the Forms, Report from a previous old app.  (That I launch and
> > works I just
> > get the entered Global Data)  Why does not work in C5?  I'm not using
any
> of
> > the
> > ABC templates just the standard Clarion ones and still no go.  Am I
> missing
> > something
> > with this C5.  I'm about to kick my flat screen in fustration.

> > All I want to be able to print is Global fields on a report.

> > Thanks

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 08:31:49 GMT

1. why why why oh why why baby

2. why why why (mouse related question)

3. Why Why Why: "exec dir" difference between win3.1 and win95

4. Why, oh why?

5. Enterprise Edition - Why/Why not???

6. Why (or why not) one module per file?

7. Why o why

8. Why TCL? Why Scripting

9. why TCL and why not TCL with JAVA

10. Why Python is like BASIC (and why this is a good thing)

11. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better

12. Why use APL? Why not C?