Question on Clarion 2.1
Author Message
 Question on Clarion 2.1

Hi all.

I hope someone can help me.
I am doing a project using Clarion 2.1 using the Designer Utility.

Everything is going great, but one thing I am stuck on is, how do you
save a result field or a totals field to disc?

I have some totals in my table that I want to work with in another table
or form. but because I cant save them to disc I am having problems.

I am sure there is a way to add up numbers on in table and them work
with them elsewhere.

Please can someone help me?

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks Lizzy......

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:46:16 GMT
 Question on Clarion 2.1
Did you try to create a temp table just holding the info you need to access
at different level?
This will be faster and safer than just save the value to disk.

--
Didier
http://www.francened.com/clarion.htm

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:05:20 GMT
 Question on Clarion 2.1
Thanks Didier....

That is a great idea (soon as I figure out how to do it)
But is there a way to actually save to disc a computed field?

This way I can take my data with me and use in diferant apps...

Thanks again for your help Didier...

Lizzy.....

Quote:

> Did you try to create a temp table just holding the info you need to access
> at different level?
> This will be faster and safer than just save the value to disk.

> --
> Didier
> http://www.francened.com/clarion.htm

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:10:18 GMT
 Question on Clarion 2.1
Its really quite easy. You need to have a file to save the totals in,
(Control file, Totals file - whatever) then you need some way to tell your
table that yo want to save the totals - a hot key proc comes to mind; then
you assign the totals to the file variables and add/put them to file.

Quote:
> Thanks Didier....

> That is a great idea (soon as I figure out how to do it)
> But is there a way to actually save to disc a computed field?

> This way I can take my data with me and use in diferant apps...

> Thanks again for your help Didier...

> Lizzy.....

> > Did you try to create a temp table just holding the info you need to
access
> > at different level?
> > This will be faster and safer than just save the value to disk.

> > --
> > Didier
> > http://www.francened.com/clarion.htm

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:24:49 GMT
 Question on Clarion 2.1
Hello All,

Another option would be to create a memory variable to hold your data
if you only want to use it temporarly in the current application. You
then save your total field to the MEM:VAR and then it is available
outside of the report that created it.

HTH

Kerry McNally

Quote:
>Hi all.

>I hope someone can help me.
>I am doing a project using Clarion 2.1 using the Designer Utility.

>Everything is going great, but one thing I am stuck on is, how do you
>save a result field or a totals field to disc?

>I have some totals in my table that I want to work with in another table
>or form. but because I cant save them to disc I am having problems.

>I am sure there is a way to add up numbers on in table and them work
>with them elsewhere.

>Please can someone help me?

>Any help would be appreciated....

>Thanks Lizzy......

Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:58:30 GMT
 Question on Clarion 2.1
Hi!

You don't need to save your data to a file !...

Just create various mem:variable, and in the "after procedure" refer to the
total, sum,etc.. report variable to save it...

mem:total1 = rpt:total1
mem:sum1 = rpt:sum1

and so.....

Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:26:18 GMT
 Question on Clarion 2.1
Hi Kerry.....

Thanks for the tip.
I have allready done that.
What the problem is that I have 2 scrolling tables, eg  One has
Wholesale prices, the other has retail prices. I then have a third table
that I use the totals to do some calculations.

When I use the MEM: function, I must first go and open both tables
first, then go and do what I have to do on the 3rd table.
Otherwise the third table would be empty.

Next problem is that I need the totals saved to disc because I use
another program on another PC to work with the totals.

So I need the totals saved to disc so that I can transport the info to
another PC.

And I only know how to do things in Designer.

Unfortunatly I am not a programer but I am willing to learn what need to
be done to solve this.

Thanks again heaps.......Lizzy.

Quote:

> Hello All,

> Another option would be to create a memory variable to hold your data
> if you only want to use it temporarly in the current application. You
> then save your total field to the MEM:VAR and then it is available
> outside of the report that created it.

> HTH

> Kerry McNally

> >Hi all.

> >I hope someone can help me.
> >I am doing a project using Clarion 2.1 using the Designer Utility.

> >Everything is going great, but one thing I am stuck on is, how do you
> >save a result field or a totals field to disc?

> >I have some totals in my table that I want to work with in another table
> >or form. but because I cant save them to disc I am having problems.

> >I am sure there is a way to add up numbers on in table and them work
> >with them elsewhere.

> >Please can someone help me?

> >Any help would be appreciated....

> >Thanks Lizzy......

Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:45:59 GMT
 Question on Clarion 2.1
Hi Gabriel.....

I have already used the MEM: function.
The "After Procedure" , is that in Designer?
If so....were is it?

Thanks hepas....

Quote:

> Hi!

> You don't need to save your data to a file !...

> Just create various mem:variable, and in the "after procedure" refer to the
> total, sum,etc.. report variable to save it...

> mem:total1 = rpt:total1
> mem:sum1 = rpt:sum1

> and so.....

Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:47:14 GMT
 Question on Clarion 2.1
Hello Lizzy

1. The after procedure is not available in Clarion for dos.

2. After reading your additional information you need to create a new
file with variables to store the totals you want to re-use. Save the
calculated temp fields to the new variables in the new file and then
you can access them without re calculating your first two tables.

HTH

Kerry McNally

Quote:
>Hi all.

>I hope someone can help me.
>I am doing a project using Clarion 2.1 using the Designer Utility.

>Everything is going great, but one thing I am stuck on is, how do you
>save a result field or a totals field to disc?

>I have some totals in my table that I want to work with in another table
>or form. but because I cant save them to disc I am having problems.

>I am sure there is a way to add up numbers on in table and them work
>with them elsewhere.

>Please can someone help me?

>Any help would be appreciated....

>Thanks Lizzy......

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 05:43:26 GMT

1. Converting from DOS Clarion 2.1 to Clarion for Win - Questions

2. Clarion 2.1 memo question

3. Clarion 2.1 for dos question

4. Conversione programma da clarion 2.1 a Clarion 5

5. clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4

6. Clarion 2.1 LEM under Clarion 3.1 for DOS

7. Clarion 2.1 and Win2000 (Server)

8. Clarion 2.0 to 2.1 for DOS

9. Overlay Managers in Clarion 2.1

10. Where can I get Clarion 2.1?