Adding a "control" to a procedure
Author Message
 Adding a "control" to a procedure

All,

I am using the WinAPI free templates in C4 legacy.  I want to add the
control template that moves (rearranges) a line in a browse table up and
down permanently (an invoice, PO, etc...).

I can't figure out how to install that control template to the procedure.

There are no docs or examples with it.  I'm stumped as of now and it's a
feature I really need to add.

Please help...
TIA...
All the best,
Health, happiness and prosperity to you...
Earl
--------
Earl R. Coker
KwikSystemS(tm) Associates

www.kwiksystems.com

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding a "control" to a procedure

Hi Earl,

Go to procedure extension section, and press insert button. Now from list of
extensions add the one You want. When You add an extension You must configure
it (in most cases) and the way You do it is relative to extension.

Best regards,
Alex

Quote:

> All,

> I am using the WinAPI free templates in C4 legacy.  I want to add the
> control template that moves (rearranges) a line in a browse table up and
> down permanently (an invoice, PO, etc...).

> I can't figure out how to install that control template to the procedure.

> There are no docs or examples with it.  I'm stumped as of now and it's a
> feature I really need to add.

> Please help...
> TIA...
> All the best,
> Health, happiness and prosperity to you...
> Earl
> --------
> Earl R. Coker
> KwikSystemS(tm) Associates

> www.kwiksystems.com

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding a "control" to a procedure

Quote:
>I am using the WinAPI free templates in C4 legacy.

I'm using it in several apps. It's quite easy. All you have to do is
Populate, Control Template, MoveSequenceUpDown and click on your window.
This will populate 4 buttons.
Right-click on one of the button and on Action. Fill out the 3 top prompts.
'File' is, of course, the file you are browsing, Key the browse key and
Field the field giving the order.
If you want to reorder the lines of an invoice, for example, File will be
Invoice, the Key will be made of 2 fields 'InvoiceNb' and 'LineNb', the
field will be LineNb.

Hope it helps

Regards
Michel Combe

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding a "control" to a procedure
Michel,

Thanks...  Between your response and the one I got from Vince, I am sure I
can do it now.  There is no field and key presently in the line items to
make it work so will need to add them.  I thought that was maybe the problem
but I'm tired of having to dink around with something for several days
before I can figure out how it works so I put up the msg for help.

Thanks again. You are much appreciated....

--
All the best,
Health, happiness and prosperity to you...
Earl
--------
Earl R. Coker
KwikSystemS(tm) Associates

www.kwiksystems.com

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. calling "stored procedure"

3. "Other " procedures

4. "Other " procedures

5. Cannot Delete Orphaned "ToDo Procedures"

6. "Internal" procedures

7. Question about "procedure?"

8. Firth's "Procedures as Parameters"

9. "extern" procedure in ada

10. Function / Procedure and "others" operator query

11. Running assembler procedure in "C"

12. Summary of "Passing procedures as parameters"