2nd post: Clarion5 loosing display with 16bits appl.
Author Message
 2nd post: Clarion5 loosing display with 16bits appl.

Hi everybody,

  I converted an application from Clarion 2.003 to Clarion 5 (also tried
the same first with Clarion 4b) and compiled it in 16 bits mode (using
Clarion4 legacy template) and ran it.  (Under same compiling conditions,
it used to work like a charm in 2.003).

  From application main menu, I just picked a menu option (module) and
the screen display of the chosen module (a browse box table) appeered on
my monitor and then just disappeered, faded away.  I could therefore
notice that this same module was still running because I couldn't pick
that same module again.  I explain.  Inside module embeds, I put a
counter which is increased inside "initialize procedure" embed when user
enters the module and then decreased inside "end of procedure" embed
when the user quits the module. So this way, I can forbid any user to
use same module more than once.  Continuing my explanation, because of
the fact that I couldn't go back to that same module, I was sure that my
module was still running.  So I issued an escape keystroke which would
put an end to my module and could effectively notice that I could use my
module again this time and got back my display like normally.

  Funny fact, I then compiled my application in 32bits mode and no
disappering problem occured.

  Conclusion, maybe I'm wrong but it seems that Clarion5 (as well as
Clarion4b) seems to add some extra coding making my module too big for
16bits support. If this is a true fact then I will have to generate any
application converted to Clarion5 in 32 bits mode only.  If I still have
people using Windows 3.1, this gives my a little problem...  Any clue to
this?

Thanks in advance,

Stphane Beauchemin
Mont St-Hilaire, Qc

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3rd post: 16 bits Clarion5 appl. losing display

2. 2nd post: Need assistance to connect Clarion5 with Oracle 8i

3. ODBC Connection within Clarion5 (Third post)

4. Connection Clarion5 with Progress (Second Post)

5. clarion5.tpx corrupt please post !!!

6. Automatically display "errorInfo", Elasped Time, pack 2nd application

7. Compuserve vs Internet 2nd (corrected) posting

8. 1997 APL Conference - 2nd post

9. HELP: IEEE conversion (2nd post)

10. awk to Visual Basic converter (2nd posting)

11. 2nd post: API Loadimage

12. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!