is grayed out.

???

CU

Tue, 30 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

Hello!

Date:  11 Oct 1996 10:14:11 -0400

Quote:
> I have problems with changing the tab order in a sheet.
> The related item in the 'Edit' menu of the window formatter
> is grayed out.

Words "tab order" mean not the sequence of TAB controls inside SHEET
but the order of non-static controls for navigation with Tab and
Shift-Tab keys.

Alexey Solovjev

Tue, 30 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

Hi Rakloedder,

Quote:
>I have problems with changing the tab order in a sheet.
>The related item in the 'Edit' menu of the window formatter
>is grayed out.

A known problem for several versions.  If you have a tab sheet in a
window you can NOT change the tab order of the controls on the sheet.
If you are feeling well and lucky you can try to use the Edit|Control
order option - me, I just edit the code.

I have so far never got any kind of explanation as to why it's
possible to edit the tabbing order on a window, but not on a tab
sheet, as it's practically the same thing.  I think someone at TS got
tabs mixed up with tabs;)

Best regards,

|                     Arnor Baldvinsson                            |
| Mail address:  Naestrupvej 44, Sjorring, 7700 Thisted, Denmark   |
| e-mail:                          Web sites:                      |

Wed, 31 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

Hi ALexey,

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:39:46 +0300, "Alexey E. Solovjev"

Quote:

>> I have problems with changing the tab order in a sheet.
>Words "tab order" mean not the sequence of TAB controls inside SHEET
>but the order of non-static controls for navigation with Tab and
>Shift-Tab keys.

The tab order (tap-key sequence through controls) can't be changed on
a tab sheet.  Been known since 1.500

Date:  Sat, 12 Oct 1996 10:50:03 GMT

Quote:
> The tab order (tap-key sequence through controls) can't be changed on
> a tab sheet.  Been known since 1.500

This is a common property of group-like controls. WS_TABSTOP attribute
is ignoring for controls that are belong to other controls. Windows API
has separate functions to obtain the next window's control in a tab-key
order and the next item inside a group.

The case of SHEET/TAB is much more complex because of multi-level
dependency between inner controls, TABs, SHEETs and dialog windows.
Every TAB must have its own tab-key order for inner controls. But
from other hand, TAB's inner controls must be joined into the whole
dialog window tab-key order.

CW Window Formatter allows set tab-key order only for dialog-level
controls and considers SHEETs as group controls. For controls inside
TABs the tab-key order is the same as the control (which can receive a
focus) order.

Alexey Solovjev

Wed, 31 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

Hi ALexey,

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 17:22:28 +0300, "Alexey E. Solovjev"

Quote:

>> The tab order (tap-key sequence through controls) can't be changed on
>> a tab sheet.  Been known since 1.500
>This is a common property of group-like controls. WS_TABSTOP attribute
>CW Window Formatter allows set tab-key order only for dialog-level
>controls and considers SHEETs as group controls. For controls inside
>TABs the tab-key order is the same as the control (which can receive a
>focus) order.

True.  Upto 1.501 TS did however, only include a very basic method to
change the control order where it's extremely easy to make a mess of
things, and I find it simpler to use the code editor to change the
windows code.

Whey they couldn't implement a point and click method to change the
control order as well as the tab order I don't know.

Best regards,

|                     Arnor Baldvinsson                            |
| Mail address:  Naestrupvej 44, Sjorring, 7700 Thisted, Denmark   |
| e-mail:                          Web sites:                      |

Wed, 31 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

Alexey/Arnor,

CW 2.0 can change the tab order and you can do this VERY easily.  With the
window formatter running, open the Edit menu and select the control order.
Look for the TABS.  Use the up and down arrow butons to move the tabs to
the position you want.

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation

[Using MS Newserver - HTML format]

Quote:
> Hi ALexey,

> On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 17:22:28 +0300, "Alexey E. Solovjev"

> >> The tab order (tap-key sequence through controls) can't be changed on
> >> a tab sheet.  Been known since 1.500

Fri, 02 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

Quote:
>CW 2.0 can change the tab order and you can do this VERY easily.  With
the
>window formatter running, open the Edit menu and select the control
order.
>Look for the TABS.  Use the up and down arrow butons to move the tabs to
>the position you want.

>--
>Russell B. Eggen

I though it must be possible... :)

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

Quote:
>CW 2.0 can change the tab order and you can do this VERY easily.  With the
>window formatter running, open the Edit menu and select the control order.
>Look for the TABS.  Use the up and down arrow butons to move the tabs to
>the position you want.

Russel,

        I was also wondering how I had got the task made and
        really had to check if I had been daydreaming. But someone
        not having discovered this feature is not ver surprising - I found it
        just by accident, luckyly  right after starting to inspect the
        new features of 1.5. I suppose the manuals really are provided
        for the users for source of  information and we should bear in
        mind that fact. Only today did I find a couple of language features
        I had _never_ discovered before.  I think I'll stick to the language
        reference manual tonight instead of Homer or Shakespeare :-)

Markku

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

Markuu,

No problem.  This is why this newsgroup is here <g>.

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation
Consulting Division

[Using MS Newserver - HTML format]

Quote:

>    I was also wondering how I had got the task made and
>    really had to check if I had been daydreaming. But someone
>    not having discovered this feature is not ver surprising - I found it
>    just by accident, luckyly  right after starting to inspect the
>    new features of 1.5. I suppose the manuals really are provided
>    for the users for source of  information and we should bear in
>    mind that fact. Only today did I find a couple of language features
>    I had _never_ discovered before.  I think I'll stick to the language
>    reference manual tonight instead of Homer or Shakespeare :-)

> Markku

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

 Blech, if you've got a complex window, you'll be pressing a lot... The
mousie's bound to bite back eventually!
Makes me wonder, why is it when you press the up/down buttons, and hold it,
that the item doesn't keep going up and down? You have to continually press
it over and over to get it to move...
 So I save the aggravation.... Cut and paste in source. Works.

Wed, 07 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW2.0 Changing a tabs properties before selected PROBLEM

2. How to change the tab order

3. Changing EditFields tab-order?

4. change control tab order at runtime

5. change order for tab...

6. Changing order of TAB controls (2)

7. Changing the order of TABs

8. Changing field order on form with multiple tabs

9. how to change Tabs order?

10. Changing Tab Order

11. MASKing changes tab order...

12. tab order inside tab