Corrupt file problem
Author Message
 Corrupt file problem

A customer had a crash, and as customers never have a backup, I try to
recover as much data as possible.
I repaired a file using the TPSFix util, and that worked (Well, some errors,
but a lot of records recovered it said),
and on opening the file with the Topspeed Database Scanner, I get this
message:

75 - Invalid key field type descriptor
Cannot create Topspeed FCB

Is the file repaired? Don't think so, I can't open it.
Idea's? Thanks
(The program was made with C55ee D, as of  the tpsfix util )

Ronald van Raaphorst
Compad

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:10:58 GMT
 Corrupt file problem

Hi Ronald,

Try giving a blank example file (File.tpe) to TPSFIX Utility.

--

Marcelo Salduendo
Arroyo Seco - Santa Fe - Argentina

  A customer had a crash, and as customers never have a backup, I try to
  recover as much data as possible.
  I repaired a file using the TPSFix util, and that worked (Well, some errors,
  but a lot of records recovered it said),
  and on opening the file with the Topspeed Database Scanner, I get this
  message:

  75 - Invalid key field type descriptor
  Cannot create Topspeed FCB

  Is the file repaired? Don't think so, I can't open it.
  Idea's? Thanks
  (The program was made with C55ee D, as of  the tpsfix util )

  Ronald van Raaphorst
  Compad

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:19:29 GMT
 Corrupt file problem

Thanks, it worked, though not all the data is retrieved, but you made me happy!

Ronald

  Hi Ronald,

  Try giving a blank example file (File.tpe) to TPSFIX Utility.

  --

  Marcelo Salduendo
  Arroyo Seco - Santa Fe - Argentina

    A customer had a crash, and as customers never have a backup, I try to
    recover as much data as possible.
    I repaired a file using the TPSFix util, and that worked (Well, some errors,
    but a lot of records recovered it said),
    and on opening the file with the Topspeed Database Scanner, I get this
    message:

    75 - Invalid key field type descriptor
    Cannot create Topspeed FCB

    Is the file repaired? Don't think so, I can't open it.
    Idea's? Thanks
    (The program was made with C55ee D, as of  the tpsfix util )

    Ronald van Raaphorst
    Compad

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:37:14 GMT

1. (250 kb Attatchment) Corrupt file problem - II

2. problem with a corrupt TPS File.

3. Processor Violations, corrupt Topspeed files, COMMIT problems

4. Corrupt NTX file problem

5. Problem Win V4 PSPrinter.Install: Configuration corrupted obj file

6. CGI problem: corrupt data files

7. Incorrect File Driver or corrupted file !

8. Error (516):Incorrect File Driver or Corrupt File

9. Incorrect File Driver or corrupted file

10. PHP file uploads corrupts my files

11. J .zoo files corrupted? Help

12. Utilities for corrupted Dyalog files