Select a different field on repeat insert.
Author Message
 Select a different field on repeat insert.

Hi all,

C5ee abc.  I have a form that is set to repeat insert instead of going back
to the browse.  The second and subsequent records have fields filled from
the first record added such as name, address, etc.

What I want to do is on the second and subsequent add is to select a
different field to start at rather than tabbing thru the fields already
filled in.

Any idea how to accomplish this greatly appreciated

--
Don Harvey
Mo-Ark Truck Services, Inc.

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Select a different field on repeat insert.
Hi all,

   Change the value of the Windowmanager FirstField property, after the Ok
is pressed or whenever.   The templates set the field at the start of the
Init procedure you change the value anytime after.

Self.FirstField = ?YourControl or
ThisWindow.FirstField = ?YourControl
depending on where the call is made.

    Dennis

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Select a different field on repeat insert.
Dennis,

Thanks, I put it on the Ok button and it works perfectly, much better than
tabbing thru several fields all the time.

Don

Quote:
> Hi all,

>    Change the value of the Windowmanager FirstField property, after the Ok
> is pressed or whenever.   The templates set the field at the start of the
> Init procedure you change the value anytime after.

> Self.FirstField = ?YourControl or
> ThisWindow.FirstField = ?YourControl
> depending on where the call is made.

>     Dennis

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. tcl sql selecting and retrieving selected fields

2. Selecting Fields Based On Field Name

3. Repeat Insert

4. Repeat Insert

5. Repeat insert on a form

6. Repeat insert on a form

7. Tkinter: How to bind an event that repeats if continued to be selected

8. Browse - Select - Insert ???

9. Repost: How do I select row on browse after insert

10. Select browse record after manual insert

11. edit in place (different behaviour for insert and update)

12. Select and Insert/Change/Delete (CW SE 2002)