Copy button problems 
Author Message
 Copy button problems

I'm trying to add a copy button to a browse.  I can't get the abcfree, or
das tools, abc allerup and several other versions to copy.  I can add the
control template then when pressed all of the feilds are cleared.  Are these
copybutton templates incompatable with c55, I've used them in c5?


Sat, 21 May 2005 23:47:04 GMT  
 Copy button problems
Mike Iacomini schrieb:

Quote:

> I'm trying to add a copy button to a browse.  I can't get the abcfree, or
> das tools, abc allerup and several other versions to copy.  I can add the
> control template then when pressed all of the feilds are cleared.  Are these
> copybutton templates incompatable with c55, I've used them in c5?

If you use C55 (maybe c5 too) look in the FAQ, you'll find a simple way
to produce your own copy button.
--
Regards
R. Gathmann


Sun, 22 May 2005 00:40:22 GMT  
 Copy button problems
I use the ABCFree one in my Clarion 5.5 applications.
I think the next step for you is to check for hand-code that is priming these
fields

        Tim

Quote:

> I'm trying to add a copy button to a browse.  I can't get the abcfree, or
> das tools, abc allerup and several other versions to copy.  I can add the
> control template then when pressed all of the feilds are cleared.  Are these
> copybutton templates incompatable with c55, I've used them in c5?



Sun, 22 May 2005 20:01:05 GMT  
 Copy button problems
I haven't primed the fields or handcoded but I will look to see if I'm
missing anything.


Quote:
> I use the ABCFree one in my Clarion 5.5 applications.
> I think the next step for you is to check for hand-code that is priming
these
> fields

>         Tim


> > I'm trying to add a copy button to a browse.  I can't get the abcfree,
or
> > das tools, abc allerup and several other versions to copy.  I can add
the
> > control template then when pressed all of the feilds are cleared.  Are
these
> > copybutton templates incompatable with c55, I've used them in c5?



Sun, 22 May 2005 22:23:09 GMT  
 Copy button problems
On the Activities tab for the Copy button are two fields
labeled   INSERT BUTTON and BROWSE OBJECT.
These two fields were blank in the version of your test file I got here.
When I put ?Insert:2 and BRW1 into the fields,
    the program compiled and operated as I would expect.

    Tim

Quote:

> Attached is a small test file that I can't get ABCFree copy button to work
> with, any ideas?



> > I haven't primed the fields or handcoded but I will look to see if I'm
> > missing anything.



> > > I use the ABCFree one in my Clarion 5.5 applications.
> > > I think the next step for you is to check for hand-code that is priming
> > these
> > > fields

> > >         Tim


> > > > I'm trying to add a copy button to a browse.  I can't get the abcfree,
> > or
> > > > das tools, abc allerup and several other versions to copy.  I can add
> > the
> > > > control template then when pressed all of the feilds are cleared.  Are
> > these
> > > > copybutton templates incompatable with c55, I've used them in c5?

>                Name: test.zip
>    test.zip    Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed)
>            Encoding: x-uuencode



Mon, 23 May 2005 02:51:52 GMT  
 Copy button problems
OOOPS!  I owe you a beer.


Quote:
> On the Activities tab for the Copy button are two fields
> labeled   INSERT BUTTON and BROWSE OBJECT.
> These two fields were blank in the version of your test file I got here.
> When I put ?Insert:2 and BRW1 into the fields,
>     the program compiled and operated as I would expect.

>     Tim


> > Attached is a small test file that I can't get ABCFree copy button to
work
> > with, any ideas?



> > > I haven't primed the fields or handcoded but I will look to see if I'm
> > > missing anything.



> > > > I use the ABCFree one in my Clarion 5.5 applications.
> > > > I think the next step for you is to check for hand-code that is
priming
> > > these
> > > > fields

> > > >         Tim


> > > > > I'm trying to add a copy button to a browse.  I can't get the
abcfree,
> > > or
> > > > > das tools, abc allerup and several other versions to copy.  I can
add
> > > the
> > > > > control template then when pressed all of the feilds are cleared.
Are
> > > these
> > > > > copybutton templates incompatable with c55, I've used them in c5?

> >                Name: test.zip
> >    test.zip    Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed)
> >            Encoding: x-uuencode



Mon, 23 May 2005 06:56:48 GMT  
 Copy button problems
For those who don't mind paying for a "copy button" solution with a few
more bells and whistles.

Product Description - CopyFlash, MFG - Sterling Data
Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/copyf.htm

"CopyFlash is compatible with all versions from CW2002 to C4,C5,C5.5 ABC
and Legacy and Clarionet. It will place a Copy button on a browse, or
use a Process for batch copying a range of records"

David


says...

Quote:
> I'm trying to add a copy button to a browse.  I can't get the abcfree, or
> das tools, abc allerup and several other versions to copy.  I can add the
> control template then when pressed all of the feilds are cleared.  Are these
> copybutton templates incompatable with c55, I've used them in c5?

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

Profile Exchanges - Home Theater, Search Engines, Newsgroup and Email
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/


Mon, 23 May 2005 14:35:52 GMT  
 Copy button problems

Quote:
> OOOPS!  I owe you a beer.

    Hires or A&W please
        :-)
    Glad I could help.

        Tim



Mon, 23 May 2005 19:38:27 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Copy Button On EIP Browse

2. Copy Button

3. C4a-abc Need Help With Creating a Copy Button

4. Copy Button????

5. copy/cut/paste from buttons.

6. VO - copy a data structure from a push button

7. Unexpected behaviour of BackSpace after Button-2 copy/paste

8. Button for "copy"?

9. Button, Button, who's got the Button?

10. To copy or not to copy

11. CW2.003 File copy changes the date.....need a way to copy w/o date change

12. 2 copies 2 copies

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software