Report Footer
Author Message
 Report Footer

                       - - - - - - - - - -

I've been working on making some reports look a little better.  I've
discovered it is a lot easier to draw out a report onto paper and
enter the values for positions and sizes manually.

One problem I've not been able to solve is how to get a report
footer.  ie something printed on the bottom of the last page.

Page footers are fine.

Even better would be a subtotal on each page and a report total at
the end.  This would need to have a page footer on all but the last
page.

I must be missing something!!!!

Derek.

      Derek Chirnside, Physics Department, Shirley Boys High School.
      PO Box 27 025, Christchurch 8001, New Zealand.

Thu, 23 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Report Footer

Derek,

Since there are no "report footer" bands, the best way to handle this is by
using a detail band that does not print until you want it to.  See the help
section, "How to suppress detail printing".  Its under the "How do I..?"
button from the contents page.

HTH,
--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Consulting & Education

[Using MS Internet News 3.0]

Quote:

>                        - - - - - - - - - -

> I've been working on making some reports look a little better.  I've
> discovered it is a lot easier to draw out a report onto paper and
> enter the values for positions and sizes manually.

> One problem I've not been able to solve is how to get a report
> footer.  ie something printed on the bottom of the last page.

> Page footers are fine.

> Even better would be a subtotal on each page and a report total at
> the end.  This would need to have a page footer on all but the last
> page.

> I must be missing something!!!!

> Derek.

>       Derek Chirnside, Physics Department, Shirley Boys High School.
>       PO Box 27 025, Christchurch 8001, New Zealand.

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Report Footer

Hey Derek,

Quote:

>One problem I've not been able to solve is how to get a report
>footer.  ie something printed on the bottom of the last page.

If you are doing subtotalling in the report, since there is no report
footer, create a break with a field like the FilesOpened field in the
local data.  Since it never changes after the report is opened, the
footer will only print once at the end of the report.

HTH
Later,

George Cobaugh
TopSpeed Consulting

Opinions are mine and mine alone,
my Wife gave them to me.

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Report Footer

2. Report FOOTER not updated

3. Report Footer in CW5

4. Report footer

5. Next record for variable in report footer

6. multiple report footers

7. Calculations in Report Footer

8. Report Footer

9. Calculations in Report Footer