ABC Template support for AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper} and AppFrame{PROP:Icon}
Author Message
 ABC Template support for AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper} and AppFrame{PROP:Icon}

Hey, all. I've been away from Clarion tools for a couple of years of active
programming is some senior management positions. Currently, employees
reporting to me are using Lotus Notes and VB for internal applications.

I have developed a couple of applications using CW2 in *very* short order.
Not only was I able to develop the applications much more quickly than the
others, my programs are much more snappy.

We are very seriously considering converting to CW as our development tool
of choice over VB. Since I'm now reviewing CW4 and I'm new on the learning
curve (couple of days), I am struggling with a couple of what most likely
are very simple functions.

In CW2 I routinely linked resources into the EXE and referenced these
resources via PROPs. For example,

OPEN(AppFrame)
AppFrame{PROP:Icon}='~icon.ico'

The embed points in the standard CLARION template set are LEGACY and no
longer supported similarly in the ABC Templates. I've determined how to use
the code templates for properties given a drop box of EQUATES. However,
AppFrame (i.e. ThisWindow) doesn't typically reference via an EQUATE.
Additionally, the listed properties for ThisWindow do not appear to support
PROP:Icon or PROP:Wallpaper equivalents (or at least I haven't found it
yet.)

Any help is appreciated.

TIA,
Sam

Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Template support for AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper} and AppFrame{PROP:Icon}

Hi Sam,
The embed you're looking for is the Window Manager Executable Code Section,
Init(). If you look in the embeditor for this embed you will see that this is
where the window actually gets opened. There you can place the same code that
you've always used. A good way to find all your old embeds is to convert an
existing 2003 or earlier app and then see where all the embeds show up in the
embeditor.

HTH

Quote:

--
Jim Katz
CTO iTradeZone,Inc.

Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Template support for AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper} and AppFrame{PROP:Icon}

Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

However, when I embed the desired code into the PRIORITY level immediately
following the OPEN(AppFrame) command nothing the properities are not updated
at runtime. As expected, if the properties are set prior to the OPEN, we
receive an error dialog stating Window Not Open.

I am attempting to reference properties for Wallpaper and Icon from
resources linked into the project.

    OPEN(AppFrame)
    AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper}='~wallpaper.bmp'
    AppFrame{PROP:Icon}='~icon.ico'

Again, 'wallpaper.bmp' and 'icon.ico' are linked into the project.

Perhaps, this may be a bug. I'm going to try a couple of simple AppFrame
applications using both the Clarion and ABC Templates and referencing the
same approach.

I'm interested in any ideas any of you might have.

Thanks,
Sam

Quote:

>Hi Sam,
>The embed you're looking for is the Window Manager Executable Code Section,
>Init(). If you look in the embeditor for this embed you will see that this
is
>where the window actually gets opened. There you can place the same code
that
>you've always used. A good way to find all your old embeds is to convert an
>existing 2003 or earlier app and then see where all the embeds show up in
the
>embeditor.

>HTH

>> Hey, all. I've been away from Clarion tools for a couple of years of
active
>> programming is some senior management positions. Currently, employees
>> reporting to me are using Lotus Notes and VB for internal applications.

>> I have developed a couple of applications using CW2 in *very* short
order.
>> Not only was I able to develop the applications much more quickly than
the
>> others, my programs are much more snappy.

>> We are very seriously considering converting to CW as our development
tool
>> of choice over VB. Since I'm now reviewing CW4 and I'm new on the
learning
>> curve (couple of days), I am struggling with a couple of what most likely
>> are very simple functions.

>> In CW2 I routinely linked resources into the EXE and referenced these
>> resources via PROPs. For example,

>> OPEN(AppFrame)
>> AppFrame{PROP:Icon}='~icon.ico'

>> The embed points in the standard CLARION template set are LEGACY and no
>> longer supported similarly in the ABC Templates. I've determined how to
use
>> the code templates for properties given a drop box of EQUATES. However,
>> AppFrame (i.e. ThisWindow) doesn't typically reference via an EQUATE.
>> Additionally, the listed properties for ThisWindow do not appear to
support
>> PROP:Icon or PROP:Wallpaper equivalents (or at least I haven't found it
>> yet.)

>> Any help is appreciated.

>> TIA,
>> Sam

>--
>Jim Katz
>CTO iTradeZone,Inc.
>http://www.iag.net/~jimkatz/
>Using Clarion for Windows
>Always looking for the simpler solution.

Thu, 22 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Template support for AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper} and AppFrame{PROP:Icon}

Just in case anyone else is interested. C4 is bugged when attempting to
implement a property of a resource linked into the project.

If you call

AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper}='c:\windows\clouds.bmp'

it works. However, linking clouds.bmp into the project and calling

AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper}='~clouds.bmp'

does not.

FWIW,
Sam

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Template support for AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper} and AppFrame{PROP:Icon}

Quote:
>AppFrame{PROP:Wallpaper}='~clouds.bmp'

What about '~clouds_bmp' ??

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PROP:Wallpaper and PROP:Icon

2. strange appframe{prop:at,3}

3. Questions on setting PROP:ICON, PROP:ToolTip

4. ~ used in {prop:icon}='~abc.ico'

5. Hiding an Icon on the Toolbar ....... (AppFrame Again)

6. FILE DROP support for AppFrame and Tooltray

7. PROP:Sql or PROP:SqlFilter

8. Help with PROP:WITHNEXT / PROP:WITHPRIOR please

9. Obtain Prop:SQLFilter from Prop:Filter ??

10. PROP:SelStart,PROP:Selend ?

11. PROP:LineCount and PROP:Line are broken!

12. PROP:KEY & PROP:Range