Data Dict. - Open In Current Thread
Author Message
 Data Dict. - Open In Current Thread

I am working in C4 (ABC) on a large Multi-Document project using
Topspeed files. Would someone explain the advantages and the
disadvantages of clicking on the 'Open In Current Thread' option in
the data dictionary?

Thank you,

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Dict. - Open In Current Thread

Quote:
>I am working in C4 (ABC) on a large Multi-Document project using
>Topspeed files. Would someone explain the advantages and the
>disadvantages of clicking on the 'Open In Current Thread' option in
>the data dictionary?

Hi

If you open on current thread, each thread will have its own copy of the
record buffer. If it is unchecked, all threads will use the same record
buffer. Check or Uncheck according to your requirements.

Regards
Malcolm Collett
------------------------------
mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
==============================

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Embedded Python: Current module dict

2. Obtaining global and local dict's for current interpreter using C API

3. ** URGENT ** Obtaining global and local dict's for current interpreter using C API

4. Python 1.3, Solaris 2.4, --with-thread, dicts, sorting

5. Delay in Opening/Closing Dict and App

6. groups in CW data dict?

7. expanding a list and dict to a *args and **dict

8. Iterating over the data items in a dict.

9. Dict can't update with dict-like objects

10. NewBuiltins: added dict() -- inverse of dict.items()

11. Inheriting (subclass) of dict data attribute (copying)

12. Builtin dict should be callable, since a dict defines a funct ion