Why do i get DSN selection when i should have MSSQL login window. 
Author Message
 Why do i get DSN selection when i should have MSSQL login window.

Hi,

I am using CW55EE and want to convert a existing application from the TPS
Driver to MSSQL driver.
I have installed MS SQL 2000 on my developer PC.
When my program opens a file defined as a Microsoft SQl driver in the dct
then i get a DSN (From the ODBC manager) selection window up?
My connect string is empty so I should have a SQL server login window
instead.

If i generate a new program with one file then i get the right SQL login
windows up in that application.

Has anyone any clue to what could cause this?

Thanks.

Allan



Fri, 11 Nov 2005 05:15:02 GMT  
 Why do i get DSN selection when i should have MSSQL login window.
If your connect string is empty then how will the program know which DSN it
needs to connect with?  (Churchill rolls in grave at creative use of
preposition at end of sentence <ah>)

If you specify a DNS in the Ownername field in your dictionary then you
should get the DNS login screen appearing.  (Most people prefer not to have
this though?)

Geoff Bomford
www.comformark.com.au
Computer services For Marketing


Quote:
> Hi,

> I am using CW55EE and want to convert a existing application from the TPS
> Driver to MSSQL driver.
> I have installed MS SQL 2000 on my developer PC.
> When my program opens a file defined as a Microsoft SQl driver in the dct
> then i get a DSN (From the ODBC manager) selection window up?
> My connect string is empty so I should have a SQL server login window
> instead.

> If i generate a new program with one file then i get the right SQL login
> windows up in that application.

> Has anyone any clue to what could cause this?

> Thanks.

> Allan



Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:35:15 GMT  
 Why do i get DSN selection when i should have MSSQL login window.

Quote:

>If your connect string is empty then how will the program know which DSN it
>needs to connect with?  (Churchill rolls in grave at creative use of
>preposition at end of sentence <ah>)

Southern woman at the airport asks another "Where y'all goin' to?"
Snooty northerner replies "It is improper grammar to end a sentence with
a preposition."
Southern Belle asks again: "Where y'all goin' to, {*filter*}."

;)

Ramon



Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:05:04 GMT  
 Why do i get DSN selection when i should have MSSQL login window.
<LOL>


Quote:

> >If your connect string is empty then how will the program know which DSN
it
> >needs to connect with?  (Churchill rolls in grave at creative use of
> >preposition at end of sentence <ah>)

> Southern woman at the airport asks another "Where y'all goin' to?"
> Snooty northerner replies "It is improper grammar to end a sentence with
> a preposition."
> Southern Belle asks again: "Where y'all goin' to, {*filter*}."

> ;)

> Ramon



Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:48:37 GMT  
 Why do i get DSN selection when i should have MSSQL login window.
There is a differance between DSN (Data Source Name) and SQL server login.
When you get a DSN selection window then for some resons the MSSQL driver
is using the ODBC manager to interface to the SQL Server.
The SQL Server login insted is using the SQl driver directly to access the
sql server.
You connect string to a SQl driver is [Server],[Database],[Uid],[pwd] if
you use sql login where DSN login is the name of a allready defined Data
Source in the ODBC Manager.

The documentation for the MSSQL driver expect a sql server login connect
string but i get a DSN login windows when running without connect string.

I don't know why i get the DSN login with the MSSQL driver do you?

Quote:
>If your connect string is empty then how will the program know which DSN
it
>needs to connect with?  (Churchill rolls in grave at creative use of
>preposition at end of sentence <ah>)

>If you specify a DNS in the Ownername field in your dictionary then you
>should get the DNS login screen appearing.  (Most people prefer not to
have
>this though?)

>Geoff Bomford
>www.comformark.com.au
>Computer services For Marketing




Quote:
> Hi,

> I am using CW55EE and want to convert a existing application from the
TPS
> Driver to MSSQL driver.
> I have installed MS SQL 2000 on my developer PC.
> When my program opens a file defined as a Microsoft SQl driver in the
dct
> then i get a DSN (From the ODBC manager) selection window up?
> My connect string is empty so I should have a SQL server login window
> instead.

> If i generate a new program with one file then i get the right SQL login
> windows up in that application.

> Has anyone any clue to what could cause this?

> Thanks.

> Allan



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:21:17 GMT  
 Why do i get DSN selection when i should have MSSQL login window.
Probably because Clarion uses ODBC to talk to MSSQL, even when using the
MSSQL driver.

If you want to get the MSSQL login then prime the Ownername property with
'Server,Database,Login,;' and see what happens

Geoff Bomford
www.comformark.com.au
Computer services For Marketing


Quote:
> There is a differance between DSN (Data Source Name) and SQL server login.
> When you get a DSN selection window then for some resons the MSSQL driver
> is using the ODBC manager to interface to the SQL Server.
> The SQL Server login insted is using the SQl driver directly to access the
> sql server.
> You connect string to a SQl driver is [Server],[Database],[Uid],[pwd] if
> you use sql login where DSN login is the name of a allready defined Data
> Source in the ODBC Manager.

> The documentation for the MSSQL driver expect a sql server login connect
> string but i get a DSN login windows when running without connect string.

> I don't know why i get the DSN login with the MSSQL driver do you?

> >If your connect string is empty then how will the program know which DSN
> it
> >needs to connect with?  (Churchill rolls in grave at creative use of
> >preposition at end of sentence <ah>)

> >If you specify a DNS in the Ownername field in your dictionary then you
> >should get the DNS login screen appearing.  (Most people prefer not to
> have
> >this though?)

> >Geoff Bomford
> >www.comformark.com.au
> >Computer services For Marketing



> > Hi,

> > I am using CW55EE and want to convert a existing application from the
> TPS
> > Driver to MSSQL driver.
> > I have installed MS SQL 2000 on my developer PC.
> > When my program opens a file defined as a Microsoft SQl driver in the
> dct
> > then i get a DSN (From the ODBC manager) selection window up?
> > My connect string is empty so I should have a SQL server login window
> > instead.

> > If i generate a new program with one file then i get the right SQL login
> > windows up in that application.

> > Has anyone any clue to what could cause this?

> > Thanks.

> > Allan



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:54:16 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. MSSQL Login Window

2. getting selection from disabled text window

3. Getting the selection on Windows

4. Re Having trouble doing int 21/2521h

5. Getting NetWare Login Info

6. ODBC: creating DSN in Windows

7. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better

8. EiffelStore Database Login (ODBC, NT Authenticated Login)

9. Having trouble getting iconv-0.5 working on OS X

10. having trouble in getting errors out.

11. Try this if you are having problems getting action out of your joystick

12. Having trouble getting MIME and SMTP from tcllib to work

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software