Multi-detail band reports
Author Message
 Multi-detail band reports

Hi all,
I'll post this request for help again since there was no reply to my
first request on this subject (maybe there is no answer?).

I'm trying to create a multi-band invoice report.  The report is to
have the standard parent project page header along with two detail
bands or conditionaly only one. The first band is a child file of time
entries with group totals along with a second band of child disbur{*filter*}ts
entries if they exist along with group totals. I would like to have an
optional group totals for both bands if records exist in both bands or
a group total for time entries only or a third if there is only
dibur{*filter*}t entries only.
-----------------
Header Information
-----------------
ABC Co.
Anywhere, USA or Canada
___________________________________
Time entry records here      750.00 <this detail band prints only if
records exist.
Time entry records here      250.00
-----------------------------------
Totals for time =          $1000.00 <this band prints only if time entry
records exist.
-----------------------------------
Disbur{*filter*}t entries here    300.00 <this detail band prints only if
records exist.
Disbur{*filter*}t entries here    200.00
-----------------------------------
Totals for Disbur{*filter*}ts =  $500.00 < this band prints only if
disbur{*filter*}t records exist.
-----------------------------------
Invoice total            = $1500.00

Any help will sure be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick LeForte, Vancouver, B.C.

Fri, 12 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi-detail band reports

Quote:
> I assume you have created several detail bands and want to conditionaly
>print a.....

Thanks to all who have replied to my request.

Yes I've read that section and have to the best of my ability tried what
the manual suggests but I still can't get things working properly.  What
does work is that I get everything working as long as there is time
record entries only.  The detail band for disbur{*filter*}ts is suppressed
along with associated group header and footer.  Where it fails is when
there is only disbur{*filter*}ts records with no time records. I get a single
blank time entry band print then the disbur{*filter*}t records.

I've had a reply from Larry Teams of CPCS indicating that his templates
will do the job.  I would like to here from anyone else who has tried
these templates on a similar project before I purchase. I've just about
exhausted my third party add-ons budget and want to get something that
will actually work as advertised.

Thanks,
Nick LeForte, Vancouver, B.C.
on templatets that may not perform

Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi-detail band reports

They're great, thanks Larry. BTW is there an update for them for CW 2.0? I
was pretty well {*filter*}ed on my projects until I used CPCS to add those
final tricky reports.

Ciao, Ivan

| Golden Dawn Research Pty Ltd   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~slittle/ |
| A.C.N. 064 385 413                                                 |

> > I assume you have created several detail bands and want to conditionaly
> >print a.....

> Thanks to all who have replied to my request.

> Yes I've read that section and have to the best of my ability tried what
> the manual suggests but I still can't get things working properly.  What
> does work is that I get everything working as long as there is time
> record entries only.  The detail band for disbur{*filter*}ts is suppressed
> along with associated group header and footer.  Where it fails is when
> there is only disbur{*filter*}ts records with no time records. I get a single
> blank time entry band print then the disbur{*filter*}t records.

> I've had a reply from Larry Teams of CPCS indicating that his templates
> will do the job.  I would like to here from anyone else who has tried
> these templates on a similar project before I purchase. I've just about
> exhausted my third party add-ons budget and want to get something that
> will actually work as advertised.

> Thanks,
> Nick LeForte, Vancouver, B.C.
> on templatets that may not perform

Wed, 17 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Blank lines in Report (Detail Band)

2. Report with 2 Detail bands

3. Report-Detail Band

4. Report - Detail Band

5. Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands

6. Detail band vs Form band

7. multiple detail band in report writer

8. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

9. Enabling detail band of report

10. Multiple detail bands in report question

11. Report Writer 2: Problem with Multiple Detail Bands

12. resize detail band in report