NT Server Slow, NT Workstation Fast
Author Message
 NT Server Slow, NT Workstation Fast

I recently moved my Clarion C55EE app from an NT Workstation that was acting
as the application and database
server onto NT 4.0 and the users have not stopped complaining about how slop
the app and data is now running???

Any ideas for resolving???

Lajos

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:51:43 GMT
 NT Server Slow, NT Workstation Fast
Make sure that you do not run any 3D type screen saver on the server.
When one of them kicks in it kills performance.

Ed

Quote:
> I recently moved my Clarion C55EE app from an NT Workstation that was
acting
> as the application and database
> server onto NT 4.0 and the users have not stopped complaining about
how slop
> the app and data is now running???

> Any ideas for resolving???

> Lajos

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:25:47 GMT

1. NT Workstation or NT Server?

2. NT Server + NT Workstation + ADS problem.

3. Slow Running on NT workstations but OK on Win98 using Advantage

4. File Sharing Violations re: Workgroups Workstation to NT Server

5. TPS Files - NT Workstation as server

6. clipper on win9x workstation & win nt server

7. Clipper program running on nT-server and W95/98 workstations

8. DOS Error 55 using 5.2e/exospace/Win95 workstations/NT 4.0 server

9. S'87/NT Server/W95 Workstations Problem

10. DOS workstation attaching to NT 4.0 server using Clipper 5.2.e

11. DOS workstation attaching to NT 4.0 server running clipper 5.2e

12. Problem with CLipper/Win′95 Workstation/win NT server (one SOLUTION)