Search facility needed
Author Message
 Search facility needed

Hi all,

Using Clarion 5bPE - in the Application Generator, under File/Browse
Database (choose a file) then Edit/Search - one is able to seach for values
in several different ways.

I am interested in adding a similar utility from a drop-down menu enabling a
user to do a similar search, with a small difference, that only 2 out of 10
fields are searched.

Has anyone done this kind of thing or is there something available which can
be purchased? Would prefer learning how to do this so that it can be applied
in many other ways.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:15:43 GMT
 Search facility needed
Leyan,

SearchFlash should do what you need. You can exclude fields from the
search so that should enable you to limit the field search. Email Mike
for additional help.

BTW, SearchFlash is an excellent search all fields and QBE template,
including tagging as well.

Product Description - SearchFlash, MFG - Sterling Data
Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/search.htm

Vendor Name - Sterling Data, Contact - Mike McLoughlin
Primary ID - Impex, BackFlash, SearchFlash

Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/

You might want to check out this product as well.

Product Description - Clarion Handy Tools, MFG - 1042269 Ontario Limited
Internet Link - http://www.cwhandy.com/

There are so many features and tools in this product, sometimes it's
difficult to know exactly what it "can't" do! :-)

Email Gus for any further discussion as well.

Vendor Name - 1042269 Ontario Limited, Contact - Gus Creces
Primary ID - Clarion Handy Tools

Internet Link - http://www.cwhandy.com/

David

Quote:

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

Profile Exchanges - Home Theater, Search Engines, Clarion Third Party
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:45:18 GMT

1. GPSS or similar simulation facility needed.

2. *** NEED HELP WITH MF 3.1.35 - REBUILD FACILITY ***

3. GPSS or similar simulation facility needed.

4. Need test scripting facility

5. I need help with Smalltalk networking facilities

6. need help substituting shell variable into search string with awk

7. Need advice/help w/Multi-level search

8. C55 ABC - Need a better search tool

9. Need help with search/browse function

10. Need Police Search Algorithm

11. need function for tbrowse with user search

12. Really need a function to search hard drive for a file - anyone help