ODBC From Micro Focus
Author Message
 ODBC From Micro Focus

Hi,

I have an C55 app that needs to read a MF cobol data file using the cobol
odbc driver.  It is not working very well.  In fact, its not working at all.
Does anyone have some secretes that I might try.

Scott

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 04:25:45 GMT
 ODBC From Micro Focus
Hi Scott,

I have not had experience with the MF odbc, however I have used ACU-Cobol
and RM-Cobol. A couple of problems were repeating fields (Cobol OCCURS) and
redefined records. ODBC does not recognise repeating fields and gives each
field a suffux _1, _2 etc.  In the case of redefined records ODBC brings in
every field in every record. If you try to update a field in a record it may
well be blank as the overlayed field is blank. My solution is to use a
separate table for each record definition.

Of course this may not be what you are talking about.

regards Rex Kersley

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have an C55 app that needs to read a MF cobol data file using the cobol
> odbc driver.  It is not working very well.  In fact, its not working at
all.
> Does anyone have some secretes that I might try.

> Scott

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 05:44:11 GMT

1. Micro Focus 2.4.38 EXTFH and Micro Focus 3.1.35 compiler

2. Micro Focus ODBC

3. IBM 370 ASM emulator from Micro Focus

4. Announce: Micro Focus WWW server

5. Micro-focus Coble

6. Micro Focus question

7. Announce: Micro Focus WWW server

8. Micro Focus CompuServe announcement [long]

9. Micro Focus on CompuServe

10. C Versus Micro Focus COBOL Efficiency

11. A problem with Micro-focus Cobol (HP 9000/840)

12. Micro Focus Cobol Error Messages