CW4 - Reserved Words
Author Message
 CW4 - Reserved Words

Hi all,

My data file has a field name call CODE ... compiling is impossible now
because CODE is one of C4 Reserved Words.

I'm using Clipper file Driver and would like to retain the field name if
possible. Any ideas to bypass this situation?

Thanks.

Sat, 01 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CW4 - Reserved Words

change the name in the file to something else like CODEX and then
in the external name, put the real name CODE.

HTH's
--
Michael Gould
TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division

Quote:
>Hi all,

>My data file has a field name call CODE ... compiling is impossible now
>because CODE is one of C4 Reserved Words.

>I'm using Clipper file Driver and would like to retain the field name if
>possible. Any ideas to bypass this situation?

>Thanks.

Sat, 01 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CW4 - Reserved Words

Quote:

>Hi all,
>My data file has a field name call CODE ... compiling is impossible now
>because CODE is one of C4 Reserved Words.
>I'm using Clipper file Driver and would like to retain the field name if
>possible. Any ideas to bypass this situation?
>Thanks.

Hi,
I am NOT Mike Gould <g>, but this is a copy of a similar question
raised by someone in this group. I hope it helps.

Ayo.

When you define Dbase file, give that field another name like NewFlag
and
in the
external name put in NEW. That should get you around the problem.
Working
with xbase files you might also run into the same thing with key
names.
Clarion
doesn't allow a key and a field to have the same name. To get around
it, I
normally
call the key something else and then put the true name in the external
name
field.

HTH's
-
Michael Gould
TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division
Team TopSpeed - Internet

Quote:
>Hi folks,

>I have to automate the import of an xbase file into a clarion file.
>Unfortunately, the xbase file contains the variable NEW, a reserved
>word in CW.

>Can anybody suggest an approach that does not require manual
>intervention with each import?

>Thanks in advance,
>chris

Sat, 01 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with reserved words in column names.

2. Reserved words in JCL

3. PB 3.5 Reserved Words List?

4. Obtaining a list of Clarion Reserved Words

5. Reserved word ?

6. xbase to clarion with reserved word as xbase variable

7. Reserved Words (2)

8. Reserved words

9. 359 Reserved Words and No Syntax

10. Reserved Words and Functions