SOS Some fantasy series?
Author Message
 SOS Some fantasy series?

I use Clairon5.5 legasy, 2 clarion dat files f1001 and mrm1, both with tread
attrib. I run program in multi user environmens so i open files in share.

Problem : I open browse 1  with f1001 file update. and in browse i look for
mrm1 values. i update f1001, where i look fo mrm1 values to.
 there are two ways to look for values. :
1) when i enter the value of f1001 from mrm, entering value manually (it ok)
2) i use ?CallLookup button an then those values from mrm1 browse.( bad way)

then i finis entering an leave browse 1 open.
next i open another browse2 that uses f1001 where from it i change value in
mrm1(sum)
close browse 2
return to the opened browse1 where i try to delete f1001 and to corect mrm1
value (sum ).

if i do by 1) way its ok, if by second way 2) i get error record changed by
another station, but now i run on one computer only.

Whats wrong

value i change  hold(mrm1)
                           get(mrm1)
                            sum=sum-f1001sum
                           put(mrm1)

--
Linas Norkus
+370 672 29346

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:40:24 GMT
 SOS Some fantasy series?
For file F1001, create an ALIAS.

Perform your lookups on the ALIAS instead.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> I use Clairon5.5 legasy, 2 clarion dat files f1001 and mrm1, both with
tread
> attrib. I run program in multi user environmens so i open files in share.

> Problem : I open browse 1  with f1001 file update. and in browse i look
for
> mrm1 values. i update f1001, where i look fo mrm1 values to.
>  there are two ways to look for values. :
> 1) when i enter the value of f1001 from mrm, entering value manually (it
ok)
> 2) i use ?CallLookup button an then those values from mrm1 browse.( bad
way)

> then i finis entering an leave browse 1 open.
> next i open another browse2 that uses f1001 where from it i change value
in
> mrm1(sum)
> close browse 2
> return to the opened browse1 where i try to delete f1001 and to corect
mrm1
> value (sum ).

> if i do by 1) way its ok, if by second way 2) i get error record changed
by
> another station, but now i run on one computer only.

> Whats wrong

> value i change  hold(mrm1)
>                            get(mrm1)
>                             sum=sum-f1001sum
>                            put(mrm1)

> --
> Linas Norkus
> +370 672 29346

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:02:53 GMT
 SOS Some fantasy series?
error not on f1001 but on mrm1

--
Linas Norkus
+370 672 29346

Quote:
> For file F1001, create an ALIAS.

> Perform your lookups on the ALIAS instead.

> Thanks.

> Kelvin Chua
> SINGAPORE

> > I use Clairon5.5 legasy, 2 clarion dat files f1001 and mrm1, both with
> tread
> > attrib. I run program in multi user environmens so i open files in
share.

> > Problem : I open browse 1  with f1001 file update. and in browse i look
> for
> > mrm1 values. i update f1001, where i look fo mrm1 values to.
> >  there are two ways to look for values. :
> > 1) when i enter the value of f1001 from mrm, entering value manually (it
> ok)
> > 2) i use ?CallLookup button an then those values from mrm1 browse.( bad
> way)

> > then i finis entering an leave browse 1 open.
> > next i open another browse2 that uses f1001 where from it i change value
> in
> > mrm1(sum)
> > close browse 2
> > return to the opened browse1 where i try to delete f1001 and to corect
> mrm1
> > value (sum ).

> > if i do by 1) way its ok, if by second way 2) i get error record changed
> by
> > another station, but now i run on one computer only.

> > Whats wrong

> > value i change  hold(mrm1)
> >                            get(mrm1)
> >                             sum=sum-f1001sum
> >                            put(mrm1)

> > --
> > Linas Norkus
> > +370 672 29346

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 18:10:06 GMT
 SOS Some fantasy series?
i tried
 Watch(mrm1) before
hold(mrm1)
get(mrm1)
put(mrm1)

and everything went ok. Interesting.
--
Linas Norkus
+370 672 29346

Quote:
> error not on f1001 but on mrm1

> --
> Linas Norkus
> +370 672 29346

> > For file F1001, create an ALIAS.

> > Perform your lookups on the ALIAS instead.

> > Thanks.

> > Kelvin Chua
> > SINGAPORE

> > > I use Clairon5.5 legasy, 2 clarion dat files f1001 and mrm1, both with
> > tread
> > > attrib. I run program in multi user environmens so i open files in
> share.

> > > Problem : I open browse 1  with f1001 file update. and in browse i
look
> > for
> > > mrm1 values. i update f1001, where i look fo mrm1 values to.
> > >  there are two ways to look for values. :
> > > 1) when i enter the value of f1001 from mrm, entering value manually
(it
> > ok)
> > > 2) i use ?CallLookup button an then those values from mrm1 browse.(
bad
> > way)

> > > then i finis entering an leave browse 1 open.
> > > next i open another browse2 that uses f1001 where from it i change
value
> > in
> > > mrm1(sum)
> > > close browse 2
> > > return to the opened browse1 where i try to delete f1001 and to corect
> > mrm1
> > > value (sum ).

> > > if i do by 1) way its ok, if by second way 2) i get error record
changed
> > by
> > > another station, but now i run on one computer only.

> > > Whats wrong

> > > value i change  hold(mrm1)
> > >                            get(mrm1)
> > >                             sum=sum-f1001sum
> > >                            put(mrm1)

> > > --
> > > Linas Norkus
> > > +370 672 29346

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:15:32 GMT

1. sos sos sos

2. HELP HELP SOS SOS

3. Scheme for Psion Series 3a or Series 5?

4. Formal definitions and other fantasies

5. VRML Fantasy World Project

6. Enter our drawing to win a copy of Final Fantasy VII on 1/5/99

7. ST80 to 'C', Fact or Fantasy?

8. SOS! SOS! Need an on-line manual!

9. "timingOut in smalltalk sockets ..SOS"

10. SOS, Im drowning in code

11. sos clarion

12. New VIRUS (SOS)