NEWBIE: Clarion app data access
Author Message
 NEWBIE: Clarion app data access

We use an application written in clarion here at work, however I need
to get data out of it to use in perl.
Can it be done?
Does the developer have to 'allow' this?
Or is the data stored in some open-standard form (like XML files)?

I haven't even explored the files at work yet, I'm following up some
inspiration that came to me overnight.

Cheers!
Rick

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 05:40:35 GMT
 NEWBIE: Clarion app data access
Depends on the file format he used, and whether he encrypted the files.  The
usual Clarion format is Topspeed (*.TPS), and can be viewed by the freely
availible topscan.exe (search google).  Topscan can export to CSV though it
has to be operated manually and is no use w/o the password.  There is an
ODBC driver available, the developer may have access to it.

Chris Bordeman

Quote:
> We use an application written in clarion here at work, however I need
> to get data out of it to use in perl.
> Can it be done?
> Does the developer have to 'allow' this?
> Or is the data stored in some open-standard form (like XML files)?

> I haven't even explored the files at work yet, I'm following up some
> inspiration that came to me overnight.

> Cheers!
> Rick

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:21:28 GMT
 NEWBIE: Clarion app data access

Quote:

> We use an application written in clarion here at work, however I need
> to get data out of it to use in perl.
> Can it be done?
> Does the developer have to 'allow' this?
> Or is the data stored in some open-standard form (like XML files)?

> I haven't even explored the files at work yet, I'm following up some
> inspiration that came to me overnight.

Rick,

What Chris said:)

If the app isnt custom, you might note its name here and we may be able
to hook you up with the developer. We're a pretty well-networked
bunch:)

Mark

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:39:20 GMT

1. Convert Clarion 2.0 app to Clarion 5.5 apps.

2. Close a Clarion app from another Clarion app?

3. MS SQL access from Clarion DOS apps ??

4. Access to Clarion Apps by the Blind

5. How can my app access data on our web site

6. Data access through the app. only

7. ODBC Data Sources dialog usage in Clarion App

8. Clarion app + direct Nokias cell phone data cable implement

9. Extraction of data from Clarion 2.1 for DOS to Access 97

10. ActiveX COM access to Clarion data

11. Clarion data to Access 97?

12. Newbie:Access to Sql Server with Clarion