clarion 2.1 for DOS
Author Message
 clarion 2.1 for DOS

Does anyone know of a Clarion decompiler?  The original programmer for

able to tell that it's now 2000 not 1900.  BTW the program was done in
a version earlier than the patchy2k will work for.  I don't have the
source code, that's why I'm wondering if there's a decompiler.

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion 2.1 for DOS
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:31:21 -0800, donnal

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a Clarion decompiler?  The original programmer for

>able to tell that it's now 2000 not 1900.  BTW the program was done in
>a version earlier than the patchy2k will work for.  I don't have the
>source code, that's why I'm wondering if there's a decompiler.

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Hi!
As far as I know there is NO Clarion decompiler. I think that you have
major problem here. If the Y2K patch doesn't do, you'll have to give
up and develop new app.

Miroslav

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
*** Miroslav Benak

*** Clarion Paranoid Home
*** www.open.hr/~mbenak
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion 2.1 for DOS
Hi:

<snip>

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a Clarion decompiler?

Back in the ancient days of CPD, several of us collaborated to make a
"decompiler" for the now defunct CPD product. It could bring back the
code from the dead, however labels had to be auto-named and comments
were lost. The old CPD compiler used tokenized p-code that wasn't too
difficult to decipher.

There was a minimum charge of $3,000 to perform the decompilation,
with most fees running in the $5,000 to $10,000 range. The service
was discontinued because of legal concerns over the ownership of
the code. In most cases it was more cost effective to pursue legal
action against the original programmer.

Also, most CPD apps were very generic and Model File generated with
little real programming involved. Therefore, the databases could
simply be imported into CW and regenerated as a Windows app.

Legitimate concerns over leagl matters lead to the agreed destruction
of the CPD decompiler. RIP.

--
 Randy Goodhew
 [oooooooooo]=|

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion 2.1 for DOS
Maybe you could make a little program which occasionally (whenever the user
requested) looked at the (new, i.e. jumped to a key value) records in the
file and made sure the dates are after 1999 (or 1960 or whatever).

FWIW.
Bob Campbell
Las Vegas, USA.

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a Clarion decompiler?  The original programmer for

> able to tell that it's now 2000 not 1900.  BTW the program was done in
> a version earlier than the patchy2k will work for.  I don't have the
> source code, that's why I'm wondering if there's a decompiler.

*

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion 2.1 for DOS
Hi Bob:

I suspect that any good Clarion programmer can do that. Better still,
it's easy to write code that prevents it from happening in the first
place.

Quote:

> Maybe you could make a little program which occasionally (whenever the user
> requested) looked at the (new, i.e. jumped to a key value) records in the
> file and made sure the dates are after 1999 (or 1960 or whatever).

> FWIW.
> Bob Campbell
> Las Vegas, USA.

> > Does anyone know of a Clarion decompiler?  The original programmer for

> > able to tell that it's now 2000 not 1900.  BTW the program was done in
> > a version earlier than the patchy2k will work for.  I don't have the
> > source code, that's why I'm wondering if there's a decompiler.

> > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network
> *
> > The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

--
 Randy Goodhew
 Thoroughbred Harmonica Co.
 [oooooooooo]=|

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion 2.1 for DOS

Quote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:31:21 -0800, donnal

> >Does anyone know of a Clarion decompiler?  The original programmer for

> >able to tell that it's now 2000 not 1900.  BTW the program was done in
> >a version earlier than the patchy2k will work for.  I don't have the
> >source code, that's why I'm wondering if there's a decompiler.

> Hi!
> As far as I know there is NO Clarion decompiler. I think that you have
> major problem here. If the Y2K patch doesn't do, you'll have to give
> up and develop new app.

I disagree.  If you are running any sort of multi-tasking o/s why not write
a simple clarion app which checks the date fields of any file and changes
any date < 1980 (or whatever appropriate) by adding 100 years.  The program
would be small, and can run in the background.

If you need to store old records with dates going back to 1900 I'm sure you
can figure out a way to do this.  But I suspect not since the developer
wouldn't've had 2 digit years in the first place if you were storing
historical data.

HTH

Karl

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion 2.1 for DOS and printing in a WIN95 DOS window

2. Clarion 2.1 for dos question

3. Extraction of data from Clarion 2.1 for DOS to Access 97

4. importing clarion 2.1 for dos data files

5. Clarion 2.1 for DOS

6. Clarion 2.1 for Dos - Year 2000

7. Clarion 2.1 for DOS

8. How to use memory over 640K in Clarion 2.1 for DOS

9. Clarion 2.1 for DOS file formats

10. Copy Protection ideas Clarion 2.1 for DOS

11. Help in Clarion 2.1 (for Dos)

12. Novell and Clarion 2.1 for DOS