File Drop Combo
Author Message
 File Drop Combo

Hi

I have a File drop combo with a USE atribute of PRO:Item, and it has
the Allow Updates enabled.

The information in the file is as follows:
LK54
LH123
LH222
LH21
LH432

If I try to input in the combo the Item LH22, I expect the program to
show me the Update form, but instead it forces the Item value to LH222.

Any Ideas in how to solve this?

Regards
Juan Maisterra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Drop Combo

Quote:

> Hi

> I have a File drop combo with a USE atribute of PRO:Item, and it has
> the Allow Updates enabled.

> The information in the file is as follows:
> LK54
> LH123
> LH222
> LH21
> LH432

> If I try to input in the combo the Item LH22, I expect the program to
> show me the Update form, but instead it forces the Item value to
LH222.

> Any Ideas in how to solve this?

> Regards
> Juan Maisterra

Juan,
I never had a real solution for this.  But...
If you don't need the smartfill feature, try unchecking the "automatic
field entry completion" box in the Actions/ General tab of the combo
properties.  Otherwise it seems you might need to do something like add
an underbar or other character after LH22_ to keep the smartfill from
filling it in.
Best,
Dave Sperling

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Drop Combo with ODBC file

2. File Drop Combo Filter Problems

3. Remove duplicates entries not working on file drop combo box

4. Select from File Drop Combo Box ?

5. Incremental locator searching in file drop combo in EIP

6. File Drop Combo - C5EE A

7. File Drop Combo not removing duplicates

8. File Drop Combo Removal

9. C5 - File Drop Combo - Range problem

10. File Drop Combo CW4

11. file drop combo madness!!