Legacy Application in CW5
Author Message
 Legacy Application in CW5

Whenever I start a new application in CW5 I get an ABC Template based
application. I would like to create a Clarion Legacy application but
have not been able to set up for this.

I have set the Applications Options in Setup for #APPLICATION Template
for the default to be Clarion.

No matter what I try I can only generate an ABC based application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Robert Ruland

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:22:33 GMT
 Legacy Application in CW5
Hi Robert,

Are you saying that when you create a new app and when you click on the
little button next to the application properties field for application
templates, it does not allow you to select either ABC or Clarion
template set ?

If it does, and you have selected Clarion, then could you then be saying
that when you open the app to work on it, the IDE states that it is
accessing some ABC templates etc ?

If this is the case then it is quite OK, as you would have added some
class or other (3rd Party maybe) that was written using ABC stuff - but
usable inside your legacy app.

Tony

Quote:

> Whenever I start a new application in CW5 I get an ABC Template based
> application. I would like to create a Clarion Legacy application but
> have not been able to set up for this.

> I have set the Applications Options in Setup for #APPLICATION Template
> for the default to be Clarion.

> No matter what I try I can only generate an ABC based application.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks

> Robert Ruland

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:14:03 GMT

1. Adding Bar Code to CW5 Legacy App

2. CODE FOR E-MAILING FROM WITHIN CW5 APPLICATION

3. Printing to File from a CW5 Application

4. Sending fax/e-mail from CW5 Application

5. Converting CW5 Application to Spanish

6. CW5.5 Application Shutdown Problem

7. TCP/IP error 503 in CW5=ok in CW5.5b the error

8. ABC Browse in Legacy Application

9. LINK ERROR CW5 - CW5.5

10. Clarion 5.5PE Legacy application and PC Charge

11. REMINDER: BUILDING SOFTWARE COMPONENTS FOR RE-USE/MIGRATING LEGACY APPLICATIONS