Going from 16bit to 32bit 
Author Message
 Going from 16bit to 32bit

I currently have an application in Clarion v.2.003 that is 16 bit.
Within the application there is a dll where I will be exporting all the
file definitions from in 32-bit mode.  However, I am running into a
problem when I try to compile this dll as 32-bit.
I always get the compiler error:
"... .map   duplicate symbol WEP"
Any ideas?

--James Lamanna



Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Going from 16bit to 32bit
James,

Quote:
>>I always get the compiler error:

"... .map   duplicate symbol WEP"
Any ideas?

DLLs written and compiled in C often have the WEP (which is a Windows start
up "stub" used by standalone EXEs) included in.  Often you can just ignore
the warning in my experience.

Mike
--
*** SearchFlash - Search ALL text fields/memos in ALL file formats!
*** BackFlash *** CopyFlash ***  IMPEX data exchange templates ***
*** LogFlash activity logging templates ***
For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com



Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Going from 16bit to 32bit

Quote:

> DLLs written and compiled in C often have the WEP (which is a Windows start
> up "stub" used by standalone EXEs) included in.  Often you can just ignore
> the warning in my experience.

If I ignore it, I encounter a problem when I try and compile another dll
where it says that all the files are undefined symbols, even though I have
told it that all files are defined in another app.


Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Going from 16bit to 32bit
James,

Quote:
>>compile another dll

where it says that all the files are undefined symbols

What language was the WEP DLL written in?

Mike

--
*** SearchFlash - Search ALL text fields/memos in ALL file formats!
*** BackFlash *** CopyFlash ***  IMPEX data exchange templates ***
*** LogFlash activity logging templates ***
For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com



Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Going from 16bit to 32bit
The DLL is a Clarion APP that was created as a dll.
Quote:

> James,
>>>compile another dll
> where it says that all the files are undefined symbols
> What language was the WEP DLL written in?
> Mike



Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Going from 16bit to 32bit

Quote:

> The DLL is a Clarion APP that was created as a dll.

Wep is the windows entry point and is standard in 16 bit dlls but
normally not found in 32 bit dlls. Some how, some way your trying to
mix 16 bit lib or dll into a 32 bit project and it isnt going to work.
If you have any 3rd party precompiled products be sure you have the 32
bit version.
--------------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com


Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit

2. 16bit to 32bit conversion

3. 32bit runtime errors - 16bit runs fim

4. 32bit vs 16bit

5. Detecting 16bit or 32bit OS

6. Help: 16bit or 32bit-dll

7. Clarion - 32bit application slower than 16bit

8. 32bit menu vs 16bit

9. SecWin 16bit & 32bit

10. 32bit application slower than 16bit

11. Database Drivers 16bit or 32bit

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software