Preferred Font Size for Reports
Author Message
 Preferred Font Size for Reports

Is Arial 8 a generally acceptable font style and size for rather lengthy
reports.

8 seems a bit small to me.

Lynn Howard

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:30:06 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports

Quote:
>Is Arial 8 a generally acceptable font style and size for rather lengthy
>reports.

>8 seems a bit small to me.

(I shall preface this by stating that I am a programmer, so my
comments may be completely incorrect.)

I have heard from others (who are not programmers) that a 12 point
font is the easiest to read.

Jason

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:45:11 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports
Hi Lynn,

Quote:
>8 seems a bit small to me.

I agree, 8pt is a bit small, I usually use Arial 10.  You might try
out Verdana 8pt, it's a bit wider than Arial and gives the impression
it's bigger.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:49:06 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports
My eye would shoot me if I made a report with a font that small...

Ben E. (dead-eye) Brady
Brady & Associates, LLC.

Quote:
> Is Arial 8 a generally acceptable font style and size for rather lengthy
> reports.

> 8 seems a bit small to me.

> Lynn Howard

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:52:36 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports
In the printing world 11 points is recognised as the best size for reading.

Hugh.

Quote:
> Is Arial 8 a generally acceptable font style and size for rather lengthy
> reports.

> 8 seems a bit small to me.

> Lynn Howard

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:50:26 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports
Thanks all!

Lynn Howard

Quote:
> In the printing world 11 points is recognised as the best size for
reading.

> Hugh.

> > Is Arial 8 a generally acceptable font style and size for rather lengthy
> > reports.

> > 8 seems a bit small to me.

> > Lynn Howard

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:17:13 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports
Hi Lynn,

My general rule of thumb is to use 10pts for general reports. If the
report is getting to big, I change from portrait to landscape, and if
too big again, then I drop the point size doen to 9pts. I use 8pts for
the "small print"

HTH

Tony

Quote:

> Is Arial 8 a generally acceptable font style and size for rather lengthy
> reports.

> 8 seems a bit small to me.

> Lynn Howard

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:11:14 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports
That's my default, anything bigger looks like 800*600 <g>

Quote:
> Is Arial 8 a generally acceptable font style and size for rather lengthy
> reports.

> 8 seems a bit small to me.

> Lynn Howard

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:17:20 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports
Well the actual "best size" for printing is going to depend on the
font used, and the type of text although I would agree that 11 point
is better than 8 as a starting point.

Use of 12 point or large should be limited to section headings.

In general it's going to depend on the type of report and the ultimate
use of the report, if there are large blocks of text, and the reader
is expected to have to read a lot of the report, then a point size of
10 or 11 points will be better. If the report does not require
extensive reading, then you can probably go down to 9 points. You can
get  away with 8 points maybe, but you run the risk that someone with
visibility problems may find it too small.

Judicious use of horizontal separations of space will also aid the
reader.

Quote:

--
Bob Radcliffe

http://www.blackrat.biz - Shareware applications
http://bob.radcliffe.net

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:56:39 GMT
 Preferred Font Size for Reports
Lynn,

I have always tried to use Times Roman 12 point.  I have never found a
printer that did not support it, not sure about Ariel.

Tony

Quote:
> Is Arial 8 a generally acceptable font style and size for rather lengthy
> reports.

> 8 seems a bit small to me.

> Lynn Howard

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:44:47 GMT

1. Font size change while Printing Report - WHY????

2. font size taken wrong from X font

3. Preferred window size?

4. ni reports: issue with Set Report Font.vi

5. font size in Dolphin 5

6. need font with graded size plot symbols

7. how to change font/size in editfields

8. VA4.5 Dynamic font size

9. Font size in the CLW 2.0 debugger windows

10. Font Style & Size

11. Using a Variable for the font size

12. Run-time font size control