Enabling detail band of report
Author Message
 Enabling detail band of report

Hi There

I have a report that need to print 3 detail bands.

It prints all the records of the detail band 1 and then all records for band 2 and then all records for band 3.

At the moment it prints 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3.

Each band uses its own file, and filters.

Regards
Danielle

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:39:01 GMT
 Enabling detail band of report
Quote:
>I have a report that need to print 3 detail bands.

>It prints all the records of the detail band 1 and then all records for band
>2 and then all records for band 3.

>At the moment it prints 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3.

>Each band uses its own file, and filters.

First look under help under the How To or FAQ section, reports for the heading

How to suppress printing a Detail Band until explicitly called to print

and supress the printing of bands 2 and 3.

I'm not sure how your file structure is set up but you do not want the files
for details 2 and 3 to be listed in the template as child files for File1.
Instead list them under other files.  You will then have to write code to loop
through each file individually and print them in the Window manager ask preview
embed point.  The code for each file will go something like this.

FL2:KeyField = FL1.RelatedField
Set(FILE2,FL2:Key)
LOOP UNTIL Access:FILE2.Next()
  IF FL2:KeyField<> FL1.RelatedField THEN BREAK.
  PRINT(RPT:Detail2)
END

Then do the same thing for File3.

Good luck

Dave Potter

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:44:18 GMT

1. HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!! Enabling detail band of report to print

2. Blank lines in Report (Detail Band)

3. Report with 2 Detail bands

4. Report-Detail Band

5. Report - Detail Band

6. Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands

7. Detail band vs Form band

8. multiple detail band in report writer

9. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

10. Multiple detail bands in report question

11. Report Writer 2: Problem with Multiple Detail Bands

12. resize detail band in report