Windows can't shut down my application when shutting down
Author Message
 Windows can't shut down my application when shutting down

Ik cant find the problem. Every application i made couldn shut down bij
windows wen i'm shutting down Windows on the normal way. The message 'cant
shut down while running' apears.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks
Rinse Stark

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows can't shut down my application when shutting down
Rinse,

This is "normal" for CW apps.  The Tintools templates (I think?) have a
template extension to "Obey Normal Windows Shutdown".  Using this, your
apps will shut down when Windows shuts down like other Windows apps.

HTH

Al

Quote:

> Ik cant find the problem. Every application i made couldn shut down bij
> windows wen i'm shutting down Windows on the normal way. The message 'cant
> shut down while running' apears.
> Can anybody help me?
> Thanks
> Rinse Stark

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows can't shut down my application when shutting down
Hi,

I can't say you how it is done with Clarion, but from WinDev tutorial
I can see that you must catch the Windows Event Nr.
17=WM-QueryEndSession. WinDev does this easily with the event function
which is not available with Clarion. If the return value to this event
is false (think that is standard with Clarion app) Windows cannot shut
down, otherwise it can and closes the app.
I don't know how to catch this event with Clarion, maybe some other guys
in this newsgroup can.

Hope that can help.

Erik

Rinse Stark schrieb:

Quote:

> Ik cant find the problem. Every application i made couldn shut down bij
> windows wen i'm shutting down Windows on the normal way. The message 'cant
> shut down while running' apears.
> Can anybody help me?
> Thanks
> Rinse Stark

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows can't shut down my application when shutting down
There are several free templates which handle this.  I think it's just a
matter of adding a global extension.
 Try the freeapi templates or the tintools templates.  I'm sure someone else
knows where to find it.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I can't say you how it is done with Clarion, but from WinDev tutorial
> I can see that you must catch the Windows Event Nr.
> 17=WM-QueryEndSession. WinDev does this easily with the event function
> which is not available with Clarion. If the return value to this event
> is false (think that is standard with Clarion app) Windows cannot shut
> down, otherwise it can and closes the app.
> I don't know how to catch this event with Clarion, maybe some other guys
> in this newsgroup can.

> Hope that can help.

> Erik

> Rinse Stark schrieb:

> > Ik cant find the problem. Every application i made couldn shut down bij
> > windows wen i'm shutting down Windows on the normal way. The message
'cant
> > shut down while running' apears.
> > Can anybody help me?
> > Thanks
> > Rinse Stark

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows can't shut down my application when shutting down
http://www.dlcwest.com/~sorev/topspeed - ABC Free Templates and Tools
have an extension for this.
Quote:
>Ik cant find the problem. Every application i made couldn shut down bij
>windows wen i'm shutting down Windows on the normal way. The message 'cant
>shut down while running' apears.
>Can anybody help me?
>Thanks
>Rinse Stark

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. specTcl shuts down down Xserver!

2. How do I shut down an application (notepad.exe)

3. Shutting Down the Application from any PROC

4. PyQT-application crash when shutting down

5. Shutting down windows

6. Shut Down Windows NT With API

7. Closing an App on Windows Shut down

8. closing a cw4 program when shutting down windows

9. Windows 95 shut down

10. Lahey download compiler shuts down windows

11. Detecting system shut down (Windows)

12. Shutting down windows using win32api