Cursor = Cursor:Wait
Author Message
 Cursor = Cursor:Wait

How do I make the cursor change to a "Wait" - cursor when
ie. waiting on a graph to be shown and changed back to an arrow
when the graph is on the screen.

Thank you

Bjorn Kaustell

Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cursor = Cursor:Wait

Quote:

>How do I make the cursor change to a "Wait" - cursor when
>ie. waiting on a graph to be shown and changed back to an arrow
>when the graph is on the screen.

You can do that with:
 SetCursor(CURSOR:Wait)

Just remember to issue
 SetCursor(CURSOR:None)
when you're done with your processing. I like to stick the
SetCursor(CURSOR:None) in the embed point for end of procedure in case
I ever leave the procedure without setting it back. For example, when
opening files if an open fails I'll often do a ProcedureReturn after
displaying an appropriate message. I kept forgetting to set the cursor
back at all of these different points, so I put it where I knew it
would get done if there was an abnormal end of the procedure.

Other available cursors can be found in the EQUATES.CLW file.

        -Tom.

----------------------
Thomas R. Hummel
Information Packaging Unlimited
(610)617-8814

Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cursor = Cursor:Wait

Quote:

>You can do that with:
> SetCursor(CURSOR:Wait)
>Just remember to issue
> SetCursor(CURSOR:None)
>when you're done with your processing. I like to stick the
>    -Tom.

Actually, I think the proper thing to do when you are finished is to
simply call SetCursor with no parameters at all.  That removes that
effect called using SetCursor with CURSOR:Wait or any other parameter.

    "Well, I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is
Kaiser Sorzano."
             - Not quite from "The Usual Suspects"

Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cursor = Cursor:Wait

<How do I make the cursor change to a "Wait" - cursor when
ie. waiting on a graph to be shown and changed back to an arrow
when the graph is on the screen.>

SETCURSOR(CURSOR:WAIT)

make sure you issue

 SETCURSOR()

to return the cursor to the normal state.

David Ralston

Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cursor = Cursor:Wait

Quote:

>>You can do that with:
>> SetCursor(CURSOR:Wait)
>>Just remember to issue
>> SetCursor(CURSOR:None)
>>when you're done with your processing. I like to stick the
>Actually, I think the proper thing to do when you are finished is to
>simply call SetCursor with no parameters at all.  That removes that
>effect called using SetCursor with CURSOR:Wait or any other parameter.

Whoops! You are indeed correct!
Sorry about the misinformation.

        -Tom.

----------------------
Thomas R. Hummel
Information Packaging Unlimited
(610)617-8814

Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Cursor = Cursor:Wait

Quote:

 . . . . .

Quote:
> Thomas R. Hummel
> Information Packaging Unlimited
> (610)617-8814

Thank you for your help, works fine.

Bjorn Kaustell

PS. sorry about thanking here but our e-mail from my company
(some digital all-in-one system) doesn't seam to work for sending
e-mail, just partly.

Sat, 01 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MainWindow{PROP:Cursor} = CURSOR:Wait has no effect

2. Using cursor list to create cursors on XY Graph

3. move the name of cursor (not the cursor itself) on the XY graph

4. Cursor Wait problems

5. Cursor Wait - Report Writer - Special Templates

6. cursor wait icon change to animated icon

7. wait-cursor?

8. easy wait cursor?

9. sometime the cursor name are superimposed on its cursor, does it exist a solution ?

10. **Cursor Already Open Error?

11. Getting Cursors into Visual Smalltalk