how do i set tab on browse to show only fields with same value
Author Message
 how do i set tab on browse to show only fields with same value

I have a browse with 2 fields and 2 tabs.  I want tab 2 to show only records
with the current value of field 2 diplayed under tab1 (this would be the
value of the highlighted record.)

I believe this needs to be set in conditional browse behavior.  (Field 2)
has its own key.  I have set the range limit field to field 2.  I have tried
single value and setting that to (Field2) and  have tried using current
value.

This method displays no records.  Is this the proper way to handle this or
will I need a some sort of local variable to handle this.

Thanks

--
Gary Hoffman
Software for the insurance industry

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 04:08:28 GMT
 how do i set tab on browse to show only fields with same value
Create a local variable (LOC:XXXX) of the type needed to hold the record
SysID (or whatever you use) .  In the Current Tab embed - Tab Changing
Source Embed put LOC:XXXX = FIL:XXXX.  Then in the conditional Browse
Behavior for the Tab where you want to impliment it - Range Limit Field -
FIL:XXXX, Type - Single Value, and Value - LOC:XXXX.  That should do it.

--
Louis Andrews - C5ee ABC

Quote:
> I have a browse with 2 fields and 2 tabs.  I want tab 2 to show only
records
> with the current value of field 2 diplayed under tab1 (this would be the
> value of the highlighted record.)

> I believe this needs to be set in conditional browse behavior.  (Field 2)
> has its own key.  I have set the range limit field to field 2.  I have
tried
> single value and setting that to (Field2) and  have tried using current
> value.

> This method displays no records.  Is this the proper way to handle this or
> will I need a some sort of local variable to handle this.

> Thanks

> --
> Gary Hoffman
> Software for the insurance industry
> http://www.amsoft.org

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:12:18 GMT

1. C4b - Fields not showing on Browse

2. Show related field in a Browse

3. Browse - how to show icon while hiding field data

4. Showing locator value on browse - CW4

5. Setting Range Limits on a browse form inside a Tab

6. As to attribute value to the first field of a key composed in a Browse

7. Setting field value from a pushbutton

8. help setting a value to a local field variable on a form

9. Setting the value of a field

10. Setting a value in an EIP field during editing

11. Inkey() value of Shift-Tab in Windows 98 is the same as Tab

12. Multiple Browses on TAB'ed Browse Screen