Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
Author Message
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion

We have a question about the expirience with Windows NT / 2000 / ME /
Millenium and its compatibility with APP in Clarion. If someone have good or
bad expirience with this combination we will appriciate all the information
that we can have, to make future decision and considerations in our future
developments with CW and Microsoft plataforms.

We want to know if we have to think in some development considerations if we
have to run our final products in this plataforms.

Thanks very much.

Lic. Francisco Miranda Campillo
Gerente de Capacitacin y Soporte
Tel. 122-19-47 Ext. 121
Gopac Soluciones Integrales S.A. de C.V.
www.gopac.com.mx

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:17:06 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
I use and have used NT, 2000, ME, Win98, and Win95 to develop Clarion apps
in.  By that I mean, I have written and compiled apps under those operating
systems.

I currently have compiled apps running under all of those platforms along
with Windows for Workgroups 3.11.

The only compatibility issues I've run across deal mainly with trying to
execute other programs from Clarion apps.  Each of those operating systems
can have their own rules as to what is executed first ... .pif, .bat, .exe,
.com ... and in what manner.  That isn't a Clarion issue but an operating
system issue.

Beyond that, you should be okay.

--
- Andrew Guidroz II (Gee'Troze)

I'm not scared, me.
http://www.coonass.com SnowDog Software

Quote:
> We have a question about the expirience with Windows NT / 2000 / ME /
> Millenium and its compatibility with APP in Clarion. If someone have good
or
> bad expirience with this combination we will appriciate all the
information
> that we can have, to make future decision and considerations in our future
> developments with CW and Microsoft plataforms.

> We want to know if we have to think in some development considerations if
we
> have to run our final products in this plataforms.

> Thanks very much.

> --
> Lic. Francisco Miranda Campillo
> Gerente de Capacitacin y Soporte
> Tel. 122-19-47 Ext. 121
> Gopac Soluciones Integrales S.A. de C.V.
> www.gopac.com.mx

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:50:15 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
Got plenty of users on all 3 platforms. No clarion-specific,
opsys-specific issues come to mind as long as setup/networking are done
right.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 05:13:19 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion

Quote:

>Got plenty of users on all 3 platforms. No clarion-specific,
>opsys-specific issues come to mind as long as setup/networking are done
>right.

It's been reported that 16-bit Clarion apps on Windows 2000 have trouble
with tooltips (causes GPF).  I don't do 16-bit so I haven't personally seen
it.  Requires some registry tweaking to solve.

I do know firsthand it is not a problem in 32-bit.

Cheers,
Ron E

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:33:54 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
Bom Dia Fernando !

See the page http://www.geocities.com/clarion_insider/cw_w2k.htm

Paulo Moura
Life Tech

| We have a question about the expirience with Windows NT / 2000 / ME /
| Millenium and its compatibility with APP in Clarion. If someone have good
or
| bad expirience with this combination we will appriciate all the
information
| that we can have, to make future decision and considerations in our future
| developments with CW and Microsoft plataforms.
|
| We want to know if we have to think in some development considerations if
we
| have to run our final products in this plataforms.
|
| Thanks very much.
|
| --
| Lic. Francisco Miranda Campillo
| Gerente de Capacitacin y Soporte
| Tel. 122-19-47 Ext. 121
| Gopac Soluciones Integrales S.A. de C.V.
| www.gopac.com.mx
| _________________________________________________

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:11:01 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
Ron is correct. I dont count 16 bit as an issue<g>

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:06:48 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
Do you recomend to have Win 2000 Server instead of NT ?
What could be the deference in having a Win 2000 instead of NT ? Any
Advantage ??

Thanks all for your kind response

Lic. Francisco Miranda Campillo
Gerente de Capacitacin y Soporte
Tel. 122-19-47 Ext. 121
Gopac Soluciones Integrales S.A. de C.V.
www.gopac.com.mx

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:15:20 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
Win2000 in my opinion is a more stable platform overall to work from than
NT.  I have both Professional on my development machine and Server on my
server machine and rarely do I have to reboot either.

Michael Gould

Quote:
> Do you recomend to have Win 2000 Server instead of NT ?
> What could be the deference in having a Win 2000 instead of NT ? Any
> Advantage ??

> Thanks all for your kind response

> --
> Lic. Francisco Miranda Campillo
> Gerente de Capacitacin y Soporte
> Tel. 122-19-47 Ext. 121
> Gopac Soluciones Integrales S.A. de C.V.
> www.gopac.com.mx

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:21:32 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
Win2k is much easier to deal with than NT, IMO. Plus it supports USB,
the newer graphics cards, etc. At least as stable as NT in my
experience.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:43:33 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion

Quote:

>Win2k is much easier to deal with than NT, IMO. Plus it supports USB,
>the newer graphics cards, etc. At least as stable as NT in my
>experience.

Windows 2000 Server (and Pro) can handle much more in the way of
configuration changes without requiring a reboot than NT ever could.  In NT
it seems like the most minor changes require rebooting.  W2K is much better
in that respect.

Cheers,
Ron E

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:03:00 GMT
 Question Windows NT / 2000 / ME & Clarion
Yup. Like adding a 2nd CPU. According to Syv, turn the PC off, install,
reboot.

In NT, it could be a bit worse (like reinstalling NT), especially if
you dont get Syv's great 911networks email every week.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:43:24 GMT

1. Clarion on Windows 2000 & IIS 5

2. Windows 2000 & Clarion 5

3. Clarion Apps & Windows 2000

4. QuickDDE, Word 2000 & Windows 2000

5. Clarion for Windows and Windows 2000

6. "Out Port.vi": passing from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

7. Hard links on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000

8. Data Corruption in Clipper &amp; Windows 2000

9. FREEWARE: Clarion LibMaker 32 -- An apology to NT/2000/XP users

10. Clarion 2.1 & 3.1 under Windows NT

11. was Re: 4.01Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

12. 4.01 - Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000