Full Path Name in Dictionary
Author Message
 Full Path Name in Dictionary

I did the same thing today  with C5pe by adding the complete path name
to an ini file and so far ive had no problems adding or changing
records. There must be something wrong with one of your file names or
the file structure is different.
David
Quote:

> Hi I hope someone can help with this problem,

> In CW2003 I created multi-company applications by specifying !variables in
> the Full Path Name property of files in the Dictionary.  I would than
> specify drive and directory paths to these files in my application by
> reading them from a INI file and setting the variables.  This works well.

> I have attempted the same technique in a CW5 application with limited
> success.  The Full Path Name variables appear to be set to the correct paths
> and filename, and my browses display the correct data for the path I have
> specified in the INI file.

> The Problem occurrs when I attempt to Add, or Change  a highlighted record
> in.  When the form attempts to load I keep getting an error 47 (invalid data
> declaration).  The format has not changed !

> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

> Thanks

> Steve Muller

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Full Path Name in Dictionary
Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback.  What embed point are you using to set the file
path in your application ?

Thanks

Steve

Quote:

>I did the same thing today  with C5pe by adding the complete path name
>to an ini file and so far ive had no problems adding or changing
>records. There must be something wrong with one of your file names or
>the file structure is different.
>David

>> Hi I hope someone can help with this problem,

>> In CW2003 I created multi-company applications by specifying !variables
in
>> the Full Path Name property of files in the Dictionary.  I would than
>> specify drive and directory paths to these files in my application by
>> reading them from a INI file and setting the variables.  This works well.

>> I have attempted the same technique in a CW5 application with limited
>> success.  The Full Path Name variables appear to be set to the correct
paths
>> and filename, and my browses display the correct data for the path I have
>> specified in the INI file.

>> The Problem occurrs when I attempt to Add, or Change  a highlighted
record
>> in.  When the form attempts to load I keep getting an error 47 (invalid
data
>> declaration).  The format has not changed !

>> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

>> Thanks

>> Steve Muller

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Full Path Name in Dictionary

2. C4 ABC - System crashes when giving Full Path Name for a file

3. Making file path control only select directory paths not file names

4. os.path.split() with DOS path names

5. DOS File Lookup - just the file name, not the path AND file name

6. Get Full Path from MacDirID or Filename?

7. Resolving directories to the full path

8. execfile('bla.py'), can bla.py know its full path

9. NT PATH IN DICTIONARY

10. CW4 Error 3 - Invalid Path After Dictionary Change

11. CW dictionary convert gives ERROR(3) Path not found

12. REPOST: Re: import path, script path (was Re: module path)