Saving a Field to a Text File
Author Message
 Saving a Field to a Text File

CW5.5EE, ABC

Is there an easy way to save the contents of a text field (CSTRING(1000) to
a text file? I will always know the name of the file I want to save to, so
that should be hardcoded.

Any Ideas?

Tim

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:15:38 GMT
 Saving a Field to a Text File
Sure.

Define an ASCII file that has a single field that is a cstring of 1000
Assign the textfield value to the single field and do an Add

You can either put an ASCII file definition in your data-dictionary or you can
put it in the local data of the procedure and use it "locally"

    Tim

Quote:

> CW5.5EE, ABC

> Is there an easy way to save the contents of a text field (CSTRING(1000) to
> a text file? I will always know the name of the file I want to save to, so
> that should be hardcoded.

> Any Ideas?

> Tim

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:58:01 GMT
 Saving a Field to a Text File
How would you go about defining it locally?  I thought every file had to be
defined in the data dict.?

Thanks,

Ed

Quote:
> Sure.

> Define an ASCII file that has a single field that is a cstring of 1000
> Assign the textfield value to the single field and do an Add

> You can either put an ASCII file definition in your data-dictionary or you
can
> put it in the local data of the procedure and use it "locally"

>     Tim

> > CW5.5EE, ABC

> > Is there an easy way to save the contents of a text field (CSTRING(1000)
> > a text file? I will always know the name of the file I want to save to,
so
> > that should be hardcoded.

> > Any Ideas?

> > Tim

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:14:19 GMT
 Saving a Field to a Text File
Something like this

AsciiFilename3       STRING(FILE:MaxFilePath),AUTO,STATIC,THREAD
AsciiFile3
FILE,DRIVER('ASCII'),NAME(AsciiFilename3),PRE(A3),THREAD,OEM
RECORD                RECORD,PRE()
TextLine                CSTRING(1000)
                      END
                     END

Quote:
> How would you go about defining it locally?  I thought every file had to
be
> defined in the data dict.?

> Thanks,

> Ed

> > Sure.

> > Define an ASCII file that has a single field that is a cstring of 1000
> > Assign the textfield value to the single field and do an Add

> > You can either put an ASCII file definition in your data-dictionary or
you
> can
> > put it in the local data of the procedure and use it "locally"

> >     Tim

> > > CW5.5EE, ABC

> > > Is there an easy way to save the contents of a text field
(CSTRING(1000)
> > > a text file? I will always know the name of the file I want to save
to,
> so
> > > that should be hardcoded.

> > > Any Ideas?

> > > Tim

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:19:08 GMT

1. saving text field to a dos file clarion 1.5 user

2. Saving an Open excel file as a text file

3. Saving a wav file to a blob field

4. Trouble saving file after field validation

5. Saving Styled text to Binary File

6. ?-Save selected Record as text file.

7. How to save Object Instances in text File ?

8. Saving registry-information to a text-file.

9. How do you save output to text file?

10. saving cyrillic text files

11. Saving a text widget to a file

12. Saving text to a file