URGENT-help needed-URGENT
Author Message
 URGENT-help needed-URGENT

In a multi user environment (ODBC with MS SQL), should file definitions, on
the clarion side, have the thread attribute??

We recently removed this attribute in order to solve a bug in our
program....but now having trouble when more than one user attempts a
login....ie files are been locked.

Also should mention that in our own facility our program works fine, it is
on a clients network that the problem exists. Could this mean that the error
is due to an MS SQL Setting, if so does anyone know what could cause it, and
how do i get around it.

thanks,
james

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:00:13 GMT
 URGENT-help needed-URGENT
Is this happening to 1 user or all users?
How many users are logged on when the lock occurs?

Quote:
> In a multi user environment (ODBC with MS SQL), should file definitions,
on
> the clarion side, have the thread attribute??

> We recently removed this attribute in order to solve a bug in our
> program....but now having trouble when more than one user attempts a
> login....ie files are been locked.

> Also should mention that in our own facility our program works fine, it is
> on a clients network that the problem exists. Could this mean that the
error
> is due to an MS SQL Setting, if so does anyone know what could cause it,
and
> how do i get around it.

> thanks,
> james

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:35:23 GMT
 URGENT-help needed-URGENT
Hi James,

It appears the real problem is that in our client's network, they cannot
re-open the files once they are closed. So the sequence is as follows for 1
user.

1. Start app frame.
2. Within app frame thread, start new child thread.
3. Main (MDI child) window opened, along with files (now without THREAD
attribute) being opened.
4. Close main window, while closing files, returning to frame window.
5. Repeat step 2. Files are not been opened.
6. Close application. Repeat step 1. Everything is OK until step 5.

That's all the information we have. Any idea? Everything works fine here on
our network.

Cheers,

James

Quote:
> Is this happening to 1 user or all users?
> How many users are logged on when the lock occurs?

> > In a multi user environment (ODBC with MS SQL), should file definitions,
> on
> > the clarion side, have the thread attribute??

> > We recently removed this attribute in order to solve a bug in our
> > program....but now having trouble when more than one user attempts a
> > login....ie files are been locked.

> > Also should mention that in our own facility our program works fine, it
is
> > on a clients network that the problem exists. Could this mean that the
> error
> > is due to an MS SQL Setting, if so does anyone know what could cause it,
> and
> > how do i get around it.

> > thanks,
> > james

Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:52:50 GMT
 URGENT-help needed-URGENT
James,

Has your client recently "upgraded" any MS$ Service Paks to server,
or, any machine accessing it, or have they changed any security
settings on server; i.e., more lockdowns added, etc.  There are some
incompatibilities with SP 6.0, and I beleive MS$ has released a patch
for it; 6.0a.

Rich Knoch
www.compulink-ltd.com

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:08:22 GMT
 URGENT-help needed-URGENT
I have not experienced this at all, and I have a muti user ODBC system
running on the AS/400. Look at the ODBC configuration and make sure its
correct. Also take a look at the database propertres in Enterprise Manager.
This is the help on that:
---------
Database Properties (Options Tab)
Use this tab to view or specify the following options.

Restrict access

Specify that only the users indicated in the following options can access
the database.

Members of db_owner, dbcreator, or sysadmin

Specify that only members of db_owner, dbcreator, or sysadmin can access the
database.

Single user

Specify that only one user can access the database at a time.

Read only

Specify that users can retrieve, but not modify, data from the database.

Model

Specify the type of recovery model for the database. For more information on
recovery models, see Using Recovery Models.

ANSI NULL default

Specify whether database columns are defined as NULL or NOT NULL by default.

Recursive triggers

Enable recursive firing of triggers.

Select into/bulkcopy

Specify that nonlogged operations can be performed. This option is only
available if you are viewing the database properties on a Microsoft? SQL
ServerT version 7.0 server. This specifies the type of recovery model for
the database. For more information on recovery models, see Using Recovery
Models.

Truncate log on checkpoint

Specify that the transaction log is truncated when the checkpoint process
occurs. This option is only available if you are viewing the database
properties on a SQL Server 7.0 server. This specifies the type of recovery
model for the database. For more information on recovery models, see Using
Recovery Models.

Torn page detection

Specify that incomplete pages can be detected.

Auto close

Specify that the database is shut down after its resources are freed and all
users exit.

Auto shrink

Specify that the database files are candidates for automatic periodic
shrinking.

Auto create statistics

Specify that any missing statistics needed by a query for optimization are
built automatically during optimization.

Auto update statistics

Specify that out-of-date statistics needed by a query for optimization are
built automatically during optimization.

Use quoted identifiers

Specify that SQL Server enforce ANSI rules regarding quotation marks. Select
this option to specify that double quotation marks be used only for
identifiers, such as column and table names. Character strings must be
enclosed in single quotation marks.

Level

Specify the database compatibility level.

List this database in the Active Directory

Specify to list this database in the Active Directory. Active Directory is a
central component of the Microsoft Windows? 2000 operating system and
provides a place to store information about network-based entities, such as
applications, files, printers, and people. This option is only available if
the database is on a server that has been added to the Active Directory.

---------------------------

Quote:
> Hi James,

> It appears the real problem is that in our client's network, they cannot
> re-open the files once they are closed. So the sequence is as follows for
1
> user.

> 1. Start app frame.
> 2. Within app frame thread, start new child thread.
> 3. Main (MDI child) window opened, along with files (now without THREAD
> attribute) being opened.
> 4. Close main window, while closing files, returning to frame window.
> 5. Repeat step 2. Files are not been opened.
> 6. Close application. Repeat step 1. Everything is OK until step 5.

> That's all the information we have. Any idea? Everything works fine here
on
> our network.

> Cheers,

> James

> > Is this happening to 1 user or all users?
> > How many users are logged on when the lock occurs?

> > > In a multi user environment (ODBC with MS SQL), should file
definitions,
> > on
> > > the clarion side, have the thread attribute??

> > > We recently removed this attribute in order to solve a bug in our
> > > program....but now having trouble when more than one user attempts a
> > > login....ie files are been locked.

> > > Also should mention that in our own facility our program works fine,
it
> is
> > > on a clients network that the problem exists. Could this mean that the
> > error
> > > is due to an MS SQL Setting, if so does anyone know what could cause
it,
> > and
> > > how do i get around it.

> > > thanks,
> > > james

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:31:40 GMT

1. URGENT URGENT URGENT

2. Urgent Urgent I am stuck with this problem

3. URGENT: Need help with AND binary operation in awk

4. urgent! need help with database bindings

5. Need Help on awk!!!! **** Urgent ****

6. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

7. urgent help needed

8. clarion 5.5 urgent help needed

9. Help needed... URGENT

10. *URGENT* Help need with data export