Import a text file into a C5 .TPS file
Author Message
 Import a text file into a C5 .TPS file

Can anyone give me a brief process for pulling in a text or Excel file into
a TPS file?

I have some data I would like to use to build a tps without having to do all
the data entry.

Thank you.

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Import a text file into a C5 .TPS file
If the text file is comma delimited, using the Basic driver to set up your
record format would be easy.

If it has  fixed record format then using the ascii driver and string
slicing would also be easy.

Either way, you just need to loop through the text file and copy the fields
to your .TPS file. Things like dates, you use the DEFORMAT function to turn
into standard Clarion dates.

Steve B.
[Team Topspeed]

Quote:

>Can anyone give me a brief process for pulling in a text or Excel file into
>a TPS file?

>I have some data I would like to use to build a tps without having to do
all
>the data entry.

>Thank you.

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trouble importing ascii file into .tps database file.

2. Import TEXT file,APPEND to Topspeed file

3. Importing Word format file to text file

4. importing TPS files

5. Importing multiple columns from different .csv files into one .tps table

6. Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel

7. Import (append) data to a .tps file

8. Import from .tps files to SQL Server or Access

9. C5 - need to export browse contents to text file

10. Exporting .tps to tab delimited text file

11. Importing flat text files

12. Text file import/export utility