Write to a secondary file
Author Message
 Write to a secondary file

How do I write to a related record in the secondary file in clarion 5

Thanks in advance.

Fri, 20 May 2005 22:54:36 GMT
 Write to a secondary file
There are no templates to do that for you automatically.
See Get() Put() in the lang ref and Update() and Fetch() in the ABC
reference.

Quote:

> How do I write to a related record in the secondary file in clarion 5

> Thanks in advance.

Fri, 20 May 2005 14:24:08 GMT
 Write to a secondary file
Hi Alain,

Bo Schmitz has written a template called "BigHistoryFIleTamer(tm)" that
writes to a "secondary" file.  I is designed to write to some other file,
such as a log file or "history" of transactions file when a record is added
to the "primary" file.  As far as I know it is complete and works fine but
it hasn't been released yet.  I will ask him if he is ready to release it
now.

--
---- (;-)}
Regards,

www.kwiksystems.com
www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (Clarion Templates & Utilities by Bo
Schmitz)
http://home.centurytel.net/Comsoft7/comsoft7.htm (Screen Shots of Bo's
Stuff)

| How do I write to a related record in the secondary file in clarion 5
|
| Thanks in advance.

Sat, 21 May 2005 21:14:10 GMT

1. File I/O Operations on Secondary VIEW(ed) Files

2. Order Browse on secondary file?

3. Secondary File Sequence in Relation Tree

4. C4: Putting into a secondary file in a view

5. Sorting secondary files in a relation tree

6. Sorting on secondary file in C4

7. Secondary keys in relational files

8. Secondary keys in relational files

9. Help with secondary key in indexed file

10. Weird behaviour of file.write() (no data written)?

11. Reading from input file writing to output file

12. Write to 2 file from pipe without using temp file