Paste Clipboard in Text area without right-mouse or menu?
Author Message
 Paste Clipboard in Text area without right-mouse or menu?

Any ideas on how to paste some text in a text entry field without using the
right-mouse option or the menu.
I have tried POST:accepted to a hidden menu that has STD:PASTE on it. I have
tried POST STD:PASTE to the window and the control.

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:47:33 GMT
 Paste Clipboard in Text area without right-mouse or menu?
Try to alert a key (like F6 or whatever)
See manual on Alert.

--
Didier G. Le Duc
http://www.francened.com

Quote:
> Any ideas on how to paste some text in a text entry field without using
the
> right-mouse option or the menu.
> I have tried POST:accepted to a hidden menu that has STD:PASTE on it. I
have
> tried POST STD:PASTE to the window and the control.

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:06:40 GMT
 Paste Clipboard in Text area without right-mouse or menu?
How about
 if clipboard()                    !just in case nothing
    yourentry=clipboard()
   display(?yourentry)
.

Quote:
> Any ideas on how to paste some text in a text entry field without using
the
> right-mouse option or the menu.
> I have tried POST:accepted to a hidden menu that has STD:PASTE on it. I
have
> tried POST STD:PASTE to the window and the control.

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:02:36 GMT
 Paste Clipboard in Text area without right-mouse or menu?
michael,

try putting a region over myfield, then on mousein event...

if clipboard()
   myfield = clipboard()
   setclipboard()
end

regards,
-pratik

Quote:
> Any ideas on how to paste some text in a text entry field without using
the
> right-mouse option or the menu.
> I have tried POST:accepted to a hidden menu that has STD:PASTE on it. I
have
> tried POST STD:PASTE to the window and the control.

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:39:27 GMT
 Paste Clipboard in Text area without right-mouse or menu?
Hi Michael,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:47:33 +0200, "Michael Pace"

Quote:

>Any ideas on how to paste some text in a text entry field without using the
>right-mouse option or the menu.

Ctrl-V

Alternatively:

MYF:Field = ClipBoard()

Best regards,

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:32:51 GMT
 Paste Clipboard in Text area without right-mouse or menu?
To all who responded thanks...BUT.....

I would like the paste to work exactly as if you used CTRL-V or Paste on the
menu. The clipboard in these cases is placed right in the spot you currently
have your cursor. IN Fact just like in the Clarion IDE where you double
click on a file-variable and it is placed in the text where the cursor is.

none of the solutions offered work.

Quote:
> Any ideas on how to paste some text in a text entry field without using
the
> right-mouse option or the menu.
> I have tried POST:accepted to a hidden menu that has STD:PASTE on it. I
have
> tried POST STD:PASTE to the window and the control.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:34:23 GMT

1. Copy/Paste with right mouse click

2. Disable Right Mouse Button Popup Menu

3. Disable Right Mouse Button Popup Menu

4. Right mouse click menu

5. how can i detect right mouse click on menu item

6. Binding right mouse button click to a menu item

7. Q: allowing X paste into text Widget WITHOUT tk4

8. Text Tag Key Events Only Happen When Mouse is Over Tagged Area

9. left mouse button = right mouse button

10. Dynamic menu-rights/Enable and Disable menu-items

11. MOUSE WITHOUT MOUSE DRIVER

12. Programming the mouse without the mouse-driver