Connecting to a TopSpeed database file via ODBC from ASP (VBScript)
Author Message
 Connecting to a TopSpeed database file via ODBC from ASP (VBScript)

Hi guys...

I'm kinda new to the Clarion scene... I have an interesting problem...

I need to get some info from an application's TPS files to display in a ASP
page... but I'm struggling to make a ADO connection to a DSN I made with the
ODBC driver.

Could anybody assist me with some sample connection strings?

Thanks

--

Gideon van Dyk
Incasu Systems Development

Web: www.incasu.co.za

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:18:14 GMT
 Connecting to a TopSpeed database file via ODBC from ASP (VBScript)
Here's a small VBScript example:

'*** VBScript Code ***
dim ConString, DataDirectory

DataDirectory = "c:\tempdata\"

Constring = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended
Properties="
Constring = Constring & """DRIVER={Topspeed ODBC Driver};DBQ=" &
DataDirectory & ";Extension=tps;Oem=N;SERVER=NotTheServer;"""

dim Con
Set Con = server.createobject("adodb.connection")
Con.Open ConString

Set Con = nothing

'*** End of code ***

HTH,

Walter Hissink
Software Engineer

AssistBPA BV
Barneveld, The Netherlands

Quote:
> Hi guys...

> I'm kinda new to the Clarion scene... I have an interesting problem...

> I need to get some info from an application's TPS files to display in a
ASP
> page... but I'm struggling to make a ADO connection to a DSN I made with
the
> ODBC driver.

> Could anybody assist me with some sample connection strings?

> Thanks

> --

> Gideon van Dyk
> Incasu Systems Development
> Tel: (012) 644 0400
> Fax: (012) 644 0386
> Cell: 082 374 4837

> Web: www.incasu.co.za

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:50:02 GMT
 Connecting to a TopSpeed database file via ODBC from ASP (VBScript)
Hi... sorry but I still get the following error...

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

Here is the connection string I'm using (based on your structure), is there
something I'm missing?

Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended
Properties=""DRIVER={Topspeed ODBC
Driver};DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\tpstest1\test.tps\!;Extension=tps;Oem=N;SERVE
R=NotTheServer;""

Quote:
> Here's a small vbscript example:

> '*** VBScript Code ***
> dim ConString, DataDirectory

> DataDirectory = "c:\tempdata\"

> Constring = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended
> Properties="
> Constring = Constring & """DRIVER={Topspeed ODBC Driver};DBQ=" &
> DataDirectory & ";Extension=tps;Oem=N;SERVER=NotTheServer;"""

> dim Con
> Set Con = server.createobject("adodb.connection")
> Con.Open ConString

> Set Con = nothing

> '*** End of code ***

> HTH,

> Walter Hissink
> Software Engineer

> AssistBPA BV
> Barneveld, The Netherlands

> > Hi guys...

> > I'm kinda new to the Clarion scene... I have an interesting problem...

> > I need to get some info from an application's TPS files to display in a
> ASP
> > page... but I'm struggling to make a ADO connection to a DSN I made with
> the
> > ODBC driver.

> > Could anybody assist me with some sample connection strings?

> > Thanks

> > --

> > Gideon van Dyk
> > Incasu Systems Development
> > Tel: (012) 644 0400
> > Fax: (012) 644 0386
> > Cell: 082 374 4837

> > Web: www.incasu.co.za

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:53:26 GMT
 Connecting to a TopSpeed database file via ODBC from ASP (VBScript)
Thanks... tried it but the same error... I even tried renaming the .tps file
to the internal table name... no success.

Gideon

Answer from Walter:

Gideon,

Try to change this part of the connection string:
DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\tpstest1\test.tps\!
DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\tpstest1\

I always use a connection to a whole directory.

Walter

Quote:
> Hi... sorry but I still get the following error...

> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
> driver specified

> Here is the connection string I'm using (based on your structure), is
there
> something I'm missing?

> Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended
> Properties=""DRIVER={Topspeed ODBC

Driver};DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\tpstest1\test.tps\!;Extension=tps;Oem=N;SERVE
Quote:
> R=NotTheServer;""

> > Here's a small vbscript example:

> > '*** VBScript Code ***
> > dim ConString, DataDirectory

> > DataDirectory = "c:\tempdata\"

> > Constring = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended
> > Properties="
> > Constring = Constring & """DRIVER={Topspeed ODBC Driver};DBQ=" &
> > DataDirectory & ";Extension=tps;Oem=N;SERVER=NotTheServer;"""

> > dim Con
> > Set Con = server.createobject("adodb.connection")
> > Con.Open ConString

> > Set Con = nothing

> > '*** End of code ***

> > HTH,

> > Walter Hissink
> > Software Engineer

> > AssistBPA BV
> > Barneveld, The Netherlands

> > > Hi guys...

> > > I'm kinda new to the Clarion scene... I have an interesting problem...

> > > I need to get some info from an application's TPS files to display in
> > ASP
> > > page... but I'm struggling to make a ADO connection to a DSN I made
with
> > the
> > > ODBC driver.

> > > Could anybody assist me with some sample connection strings?

> > > Thanks

> > > --

> > > Gideon van Dyk
> > > Incasu Systems Development
> > > Tel: (012) 644 0400
> > > Fax: (012) 644 0386
> > > Cell: 082 374 4837

> > > Web: www.incasu.co.za

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:00:50 GMT

1. connecting Topspeed ODBC via internet

2. IIS hangs when using Topspeed ODBC with Active Server Pages (ASP)

3. Topspeed ODBC ASP .NET

4. Connecting via ODBC through Source

5. CONNECT TO MSSQL VIA ODBC

6. connecting via ODBC - change this

7. connecting to an odbc data source via clarion dictionary

8. problem with empty date via Topspeed ODBC beta 5

9. how can I read a date (MM-DD-YY) via Topspeed ODBC

10. ASAP access Topspeed via ODBC

11. Connecting to an ODBC database

12. PLEASE HELP!! Problem connecting to database through ODBC