Starting Excel and Word from App
Author Message
 Starting Excel and Word from App

What would be the correct way in using RUN command to locate and
starting Excel and Winword.

                                Regards

                                 Bernhard

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting Excel and Word from App
If you know the file you will be loading, then I'd use the ShellExecute API
to open it via the file.  In fact, there's a free template for launching
email and URL's called Interlink which will install the API stuff and make
it easy to use.  It works for me.

Quote:
> What would be the correct way in using RUN command to locate and
> starting Excel and Winword.

>                                 Regards

>                                  Bernhard

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting Excel and Word from App

Quote:
> What would be the correct way in using RUN command to locate and
> starting Excel and Winword.

Bernhard,

Product Description - Internet Link Template,
MFG - POSitive Software Company
Internet Link - http://www.clarioncentral.com/freestuff.htm

This is a freeware method of using a Global Extension Template, that
allows you to include the SHELLEXECUTE API. Great method if it meets your
needs. While it's called the Internet Link Template, it will start any
program and load the data file of any file that has an file
type association.

Dave
--
From Encourager Software - Dave Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application,
Newsgroup - Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting Excel and Word from App

Quote:

> > What would be the correct way in using RUN command to locate and
> > starting Excel and Winword.

> Bernhard,

> Product Description - Internet Link Template,
> MFG - POSitive Software Company
> Internet Link - http://www.clarioncentral.com/freestuff.htm

> This is a freeware method of using a Global Extension Template, that
> allows you to include the SHELLEXECUTE API. Great method if it meets your
> needs. While it's called the Internet Link Template, it will start any
> program and load the data file of any file that has an file
> type association.

> Dave

Thanks I will look into that. The only thing I want is to start Excel or
Word without
opening any file special  *.XL or  *.doc file.

                                                          regards

                                                          bernhard

Wed, 08 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting Excel and Word from App
S?ll

I have the path to winword.exe  in system setup and use file dialog to
select it having   Having this as a setup parameter is more flexible
obviously than hardcoding it  , i guess also if you had the word
directory in path it would do  it as well ?     Then i use the run
command and and add the word doc in the command line parameter if i
want

Quote:
>What would be the correct way in using RUN command to locate and

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Wed, 08 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Starting Excel and Word from App

     URLHandler(AppFrame{prop:handle},'excel.exe')

                            et

     URLHandler(AppFrame{prop:handle},'winword.exe')

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing Word/Excel from a CW app

2. Word and Excel

3. making and running excel or word macros

4. Word/Excel in the target machine?

5. Create Windows Excel, Word file

6. Export to Word or Excel 97

7. Working with Excel and Word from CW3

8. Reading/Writing from/to Excel/Word using DDE (PLEASE HELP)

9. About working by OLE2 with EXCEL 7.0, Page Maker Table Editor and MS Word 7.0

10. Printing a report ot word, Excel

11. Report Template from Browse that provides a Report with Word and Excel output

12. can you make tcl see Excel or word files